VIII.

Chapter 8: Wet n' Wild

A/N: This isn't edited so please forgive me for any mistakes or grammatical errors! Happy reading cookies and don't forget to vote!💚

#HappyPrideMonth
#BlackLivesMatter

🍪Ellie's P.O.V

"Little black dress. Just walked into the roooom! Makin' heads turn, can't stop looking at you! It's so right," I sang, my right hand held the vacuum machine as I vacuum the final area before I was done.

It was a beautiful Saturday morning, around 8:00. It was the morning after we got kicked out from Joey's diner and I woke up quite energetic and decided to be a useful daughter for the day and do some of the chores.

I was in my cookie themed pj's, my hair in a messy bun, and was dancing along to one direction's little black dress song that was playing from the JBL speaker.

Dad and Mom were in the kitchen, preparing breakfast while Theodore was still fast asleep. He slept quite late last night considering he ate three scoops of ice cream and had a bit of a sugar rush.

Imagine Dad's surprise when he walked in at 11:30 pm from work with Mom and I laying in the living room in heaps of giggle as Theodore playfully wrestled with us.

Dad was the only one who managed to get him to sleep.

The bell rang, stopping me from mid-dance. I turned the vacuum off, setting it down before making my way towards the door.

"Good morning boo! I came to pick you up this fine morning, we're going to a waterpark!" She cheered, giving me a quick hug before casually strolling to the kitchen.

I shook my head, closing the door before following after her. She was already seated to one of the chairs when I entered, my mom standing on the stove as she cooked some bacon and my dad behind her, leaning against the countertop.

"Are you done? Ark said you're going to the water park to meet some friends," Mom smirked, glancing at me.

At the mention of friends, I threw a confused look at Ark who only gave me a cheeky smile in response.

"I'm done and I'm not going," I said, shaking my head and taking the opposite seat next to her.

"Nope, you're going honey. It's a Saturday! Go and enjoy the heat and find yourself some hunky shirtless alpha male! Right Rob?" She encouraged, glancing at dad.

At the mention of his name, my dad gave me an alarmed look. He cleared his throat, all eyes turning to him, one in particular had her gaze narrowed.

"I-I think you should go sweetie," Dad said lamely, scratching the back of his head awkwardly.

Mom gave him a satisfied smile,"See? No more protest. Eat some breakfast first, the both of you, and get ready afterwards Ellie," Mom said, turning back to the bacon.

At the mention of my name, I knew that I didn't have any say in the matter and it was final.

"Fine but you're buying me cold drinks," I agreed, giving Ark a pointed look.