Sixty

Attn::Time jump here not to big though

It as been about two months now and things seem to be going ok. I'm not going to say good cuz I don't wanna risk it. Tia is now eight months pregnant. She pushed the wedding back because she thought she was fat. I told her plenty of times that she wasn't but I know better then to argue with a pregnant woman. Anika has been around the house more and the kiddos have gotten used to seeing her. So far none of them have asked why. We plan on telling the adults tommorrow night at dinner. Even though Kim already knows. What? She is my sister from another mister, my ride or die and my bestfriend.

Right now I'm in the office doing work. I got to get the cast off early as long as I keep the immobilizer on a little longer and I'm fine with that because that fucking cast was in my way.

"Yo Alex can we setup a meeting to maybe open a new shelter. I mean the one we have now is doing so well." Kim said barging in my office.

"I mean we can definitely have a meeting about it but damn knock much."

"Shit my bad. You must be hella busy?" She asked me

"Yea since Tia wants me to take a week off every month I am a little backed up but  nothing I can't handle. So how you and Emily doing?"

"Man we doing good. I love her so fucking much it's crazy. I know I wanna marry her but I don't wanna freak her out cuz of her ex."

"I feel you just keep showing her you care is all you can do. I looked at my schedule and I can make the meeting for the next time I go to the office around 1:30, is that ok with you?"

"Yea I will be there. Ok I don't wanna hold you up long so, I'm head out. Don't over do it. Both of your girls waiting for you in yo room."

"Thanks I didn't know Anika was here."

"Yea she got here about an hour ago. She been helping Tia with Alex though. That boy is a handful. He kinda reminds me of a little you."

"Yea yea get out of here. Imma be done in a out an hour."

She left and I went back to work looking over contacts for other companies and looking into the investments I made. Looked into what charities I was going to donate to. Once I was done I put whatever I needed to in the lock cabinet and the rest in my desk.

I was about to leave when Steve walked in. He locked the door so I know he wanted to talk.

"We need to talk."

"Ok let's talk then."

I stayed at my desk and he sat in front of it. By his face I knew it was important. See that's why I didn't say good.

"Look I don't know how to say this but I have a feeling that Brian is not all good."
(Brian is thebmmname of her other personal bodyguard. I might I have changed his name but it ok lol)

"Ok what do you mean?"

"Well everytime he comes around Sky she becomes stiff and refuses to look in his direction. Then the other day I saw him smirking at her."

"Ok well before we do anything, we have to talk to her first and see what is up. For now I'm going to restrict him from the house and make sure he has more shifts at the office."

"Ok I well imma just keep an eye on Sky when she goes out."

"Ok bro I appreciate that but what's with you and this mystery person that got you in your phone most of the time?"

"How.....why?"

"I pay attention bro. I noticed you seem more relaxed lately."

I have my suspicions that Steve might be either gay or bisexual. I want him to tell me himself. Anytime he talks about you he is talking to he says them.