Chapter XIII - Queens

╣╠

"Oh, stay close

Don't go, I gotta know

Or until tomorrow I'll be staring out the window

Thinkin', "Please, keep her safe, keep her safe."

Safe

Nico Santos

╣╠

Chapter XIII - Queens

╣╠

Susan, Lucy and I had our breakfast delivered to my room where we happily ate away from the craziness

Susan, Lucy and I had our breakfast delivered to my room where we happily ate away from the craziness. Not eating for a day hadn't bothered me in the past when my mother locked me in the icebox for the night, but since I had been eating significantly better since coming back to the castle, I was famished. I had just popped a second croissant in my mouth as a soft knock came to the door.

I jumped off my bed heading for the door as Susan and Lucy stayed, gossiping about something one of the more attractive guards and done in training the day before.

I open the door only to be met with the sad, teary eyes of Allie. "Oh, Tash."

"I wanted to say goodbye." She sniffled.

"What? No." I rejected, pulling her into the room.

Lucy stood up, taking her bag as Susan made room for her on my bed.

"I'm going home." She told us, fighting back tears.

"What's wrong?" Lucy asked sweetly, which opened the floodgates and Allie started crying.

"Ed is just waiting for the day that someone better comes along to toss me to the side." She cried. "I will not sit around and wait for that to happen."

I practically froze, I never learned how to deal with people crying in front of me. Luckily, Susan and Lucy had it covered.

"Edmund doesn't know how to express his feelings. It's gotten him in trouble more than once." Susan tried to explain logically.

"He didn't even seem to care when they proposed the engagement." Allie whimpered. "Does he even care about me at all?"

"Oh, darling." Susan gasped, hugging her sweetly. "I'm sure he does."

"Edmund's an idiot," Lucy told her, making her chuckle. "If he's too dumb to see what's right in front of him, then he's dumber than I thought."

Allie chuckled again, wiping her tears away. "I feel so stupid for getting this worked up over a boy. Ugh, if my brothers saw me like this they would already be marching to his room."