8

nov. 6th, 2038.
(l/n) residence.
rainy.
7:00 p.m.
---

With another report of a deviant, Connor heads to get both of his partners. He chooses (y/n) first, seeing as he'd probably be a lot easier to get and got along with him a bit better than Hank. Plus it'd be easier to get Hank with (y/n) along. Connor steps out of a taxi and walks toward the huge gate in front of (y/n)'s home. He opens the gate and walks to the front door, taking in the whole house. Connor wonders how a detective could have such an expensive home. He knocks on the door and is greeted by Walt.

"Hello, I'm here to pick up detective (l/n), is he home?" Connor questions the android.

"He is. Wait here and I'll get him for you." Walt answers with a courteous smile.

As Connor waits he throws his coin between his two hands. The door opens again to reveal (y/n) now with a jacket. "Hey, Connor, what's up?" He walks toward the android.

"There's been a murder suspected to have been committed by a deviant."

"Oh, straight to business, huh? Where's Hank?"

"I haven't gotten him yet. Do you have any idea where he'd be?"

"Probably just at his house." Connor approaches the only car in the driveway but (y/n) stops him, "Sorry to break it to you but my car's broken down. We're gonna have to use a taxi. Haven't gotten to fixing the poor thing."

Connor calls a taxi and the two stand outside the gate for a few minutes. "Can I ask a personal question?"

"Sure, go ahead."

"How can you afford such an expensive house?"

"Oh, it's not really my house, I guess. It belonged to my dad and since he had no one else to give it to, I got it. I just try to take care of the place, y'know for him." he shrugs. "Can I ask you a question?"

"Yes."

"Don't you feel it's kind of weird that you, an android, are hunting other androids?"

"I cannot feel. I also believe an android assisting in an investigation is an advantage for the police department."

"Oh, I just mean it's kinda weird. I don't mean to be rude but it kind of feels like betrayal, sort of. I mean I know it's just your job but I think I'd be conflicted."

"I can't be conflicted if I just follow orders like I was made to," Connor replies with a bit of harshness.

"Well, here's the taxi."

---

The two arrive at Hank's house. Connor helps (y/n) out of the taxi, then the two walk to Hank's front door. Connor knocks on the door, "Lieutenant Anderson!" He rings the doorbell then knocks again.

"Is the door locked?"

Connor turns the knob but it's locked. "Yes."

"I've got a spare key Hank gave me." (y/n) searches through his pockets then pulls out a silver key before jamming it into the doorknob. "Ta-da!" he says as he opens the door. The two see Hank passed out on the kitchen floor. "God damn it, Hank." he curses. "Can you get him up by yourself?"

"Of course."

Sumo walks up to the two mainly sniffing Connor before he gets the chance to get to Hank. "Sumo, it's alright. He's a friend." (y/n) says, petting the dog. He looks at Connor, "The dog's harmless, go get Hank up."

Connor bends down to examine the scene. He sees Hank is unconscious.

"Is he okay?"

"He's just unconscious."

"Oh, thank God." (y/n) sighs. "I'll be over here with Sumo."

"Lieutenant," Connor says before lightly slapping his face. "Wake up, Lieutenant," he then full-on slaps Hank. "It's me, Connor. Detective (l/n) is here as well." He then picks up Hank, "I'm going to sober you up for your own safety."

"Hey, leave me alone, you fuckin' android!"

"I have to warn you this may be unpleasant."

"Get the fuck outta my house."

"I'm sorry lieutenant but I need you. Thank you in advance for your cooperation." Connor says as he stands up with Hank.

"Hey, get the fuck outta here." Hank then makes an extremely strange groaning sound. "Sumo! Attack!"

Sumo lifts his head momentarily, barks, then goes back to resting next to (y/n).

"Good dog." Connor then leans Hank onto the wall to open the bathroom door. "Fuck, I think I'm gonna be sick." Connor lifts him up again, "Ah, leave me alone, you asshole! I'm not going anywhere." Hank then grabs the frame of the bathroom doorway and Connor pulls him into the bathroom. "What the hell are you doing?" Hank asks as Connor sits him in the bathtub. "I don't wanna bath, thank you." Hank attempts to stand up.

"Sorry, lieutenant. It's for your own good." Connor says before turning on the showerhead.

Hank starts yelling and screaming, "Turn it off! Turn it off!" Connor then turns off the shower. Hank suddenly recognizes the android in front of him. "What the fuck are you doing here?"

"A homicide was reported 43 minutes ago. (y/n) said you would be home, so we came to see if you were."

"Jesus, I must be the only cop in the world that gets assaulted in his own house by his own fuckin' android." Hank sighs, "Can't you just leave me alone?"

"Unfortunately I cannot. I've been programmed to investigate this case and I can't do it without you."

"I don't give a shit about your goddamn case!"

"Lieutenant, you're not yourself. You should-"

"Beat it! You hear me? Get the hell outta here!" Hank stands and almost falls over but Connor grabs his abdomen and gently sets him down.

"I understand. It probably wasn't interesting anyway... A man found dead in a sex club downtown. Guess they'll have to solve the case without us." Connor teases.

"You know, probably wouldn't do me any harm to get some air. There's some clothes in the bedroom there."

Connor nods, "I'll go get them." After grabbing some clothes Connor comes back into the bathroom, where Hank is puking into the toilet. "Are you alright, Lieutenant?"

"Yeah, yeah, wonderful. Just a- Give me five minutes, okay?"

"Sure."

Connor walks around looking at various things to get himself better acquainted with Hank. He bends down and picks up Hank's gun. "What were you doing with the gun?"

"Russian roulette! Wanted to see how long I could last. Must've collapsed before I found out."

"You were lucky, the next shot would have killed you." He sets the gun back down.

"Jeez," (y/n) sighs looking over at Connor.

"Is Hank usually like this?"

"I mean yeah but he doesn't really tell me about it or talk about it to anyone I know of. I just try to be there for him the best I can but I guess it didn't work for him tonight." (y/n) starts to tear up.

Connor reaches out and puts his hand on (y/n)'s shoulder. "It's okay. You can't always be there for someone."

(y/n) nods and grabs Connor's hand. "Thanks." He pushes Connor's hand away and looks back down at Sumo.

Hank finally walks out of the bathroom. Sumo stands up and walks past Hank. "Be a good dog, Sumo. I won't be long." The three walk out of the house and take Hank's car to the Eden Club.