•chapter thirty six•

lie

Monday.

I hate Mondays. Who likes Mondays?

Walking into school I felt like a sloth. I haven't been feeling good ever since Grey and I went to the waterfall. I hope I'm not catching a cold or something.

I get to my first period, science, and luckily all we did was watch a video. Which I slept through the entire time.

Next was English. I grabbed my stuff and walked like a literal zombie. Hunched back and everything.

"V? Are you ok?" Opal asks, tapping my shoulder with a pen.

"I'm ok. I just feel like crap." I say putting my face in my hands. My voice comes out raspy and I groan.

"You should go to the nurse V. You look like shit." She comments.

"Thanks Opal!" I say sarcastically.

"Sorry babe, but I don't sugar coat." She winks.

I don't go, but instead listen to Mr. Langton go on and on about some poem and the meaning behind a curtain. A curtain.

The bell rings and Opal swings an arm around my shoulders. "I'm sorry, let's get some food in you." She shakes me slightly.

We walk towards the cafeteria and Opal goes on some rampage about how bad her new show is with the new season, and how the old season was way better. I feel bad but I drown her out like I have with my last two classes.

I sit down in my seat and everyone is quite.

"V? Are you ok?" Lili asks concerned.

"ya!" I wave off. I don't want to bring their moods down with my grumpy not-feeling-so-good mood. "I just- I don't feel good." I muster up a fake smile.

"Aw, I hope you feel better." Jamie says with a sympathetic smile.

"Hey," I hear a voice say behind me.

A kiss is planted right on my cheek and I blush. Everyone at the table including Lucas looks at Grey and I like we have five eyes.

"Long story." I wave off.

They still look at us and I give in. "We're dating!" I announce.

"Aww cute!" Jamie claps.

"V! Why didn't you tell me!" Lili exclaims smiling.

"What's wrong?" Grey questions in my ear.

"I don't feel good." I reply laying in my hands on the table.

"Sorry." He says and rubs circles on my back.

"Guys, there's a party this weekend!" Jamie says pulling out her phone. "Friday night. We should all go." Jamie says way too excitedly.

Everyone agrees and I groan a yes.

After lunch Grey and I walk to art class together.

"Are you sure you're ok?" Grey asks.

I nod my head slowly due to my throbbing headache.

"If you don't feel good please go to the nurse." He says seriously.

"I will." I say as a lie.

Grey grips my chin lightly and says "Don't lie to me Violet."

"Ok!" I say a little grumpy and shake myself out his grasp.

In art, Grey sits next to me as I slouch to finish my koi vase.

"I'm finished!" I say happily. After my happiness washes away I feel a wave of headaches.

I decide enough is enough and tell the teacher. I go to the nurse and she sends me home.

At least I don't have to suffer through history and math!

~

"Oh Honey! Please go lay down and get some rest." My mother says as soon as I get home.

I lay down for a heavenly sleep and when I wake up I smell a heavenly scent.

A mix of the scent I love.

Mint, leather and that weird smokey smell.

••••
VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW
🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞