4: Just Jet Lagged

As the footsteps and talking gets louder so does my heart beat. Liam on the other hand looks clam and busy with his cooking as he cuts up some vegetables and dumps them into a pan. I am seriously considering retrieving back to my room and never coming down. The thought does sound like a better option than facing any of my brother, I had no clue existed.

I am about to act on my thoughts when a single look from Liam had me sitting back in my place in silence. To add to my problems the anxiety and jet lag is killing me, so I put my head down on the breakfast bar.

'Come on Tori you can do this, it's just your brothers, no biggie'

Still not ready to face them I keep my face down. Soon the voices get even louder to a point I can hear one of them right behind me.

"What's wrong with her? " A smooth voice asks right behind me, giving me a slight fright. I don't lift my head, not feeling ready to face them yet. To my utter surprise I feel a large hand on my head stocking it gently.

"You okay? " A different voice inquirers, which I immediately recognize as Noah's.

I slowly lift my head and give a slight nod and mumble "jut jet lagged" under my breath but loud enough for them to hear and hope they don't question me further.

It is than that I notice four pairs of eyes staring at me, out of which two I recognize as Liam and Noah's. They all look familiar, like I've seen them before. They all have something in common with my eyes, expect Liam who shares the exact same colour as me.

They all look at me with worry in their eyes but it soon disappears and is replaced with a blank look, except for Noah who is still looking at me with worry and concern?

I look around and notice some similarities between my two other brothers and me. It looks like we all inherited the same tanned skin tone. One of them looks like he just got back from school and the other one is dressed in an expensive suit just like Noah, just his is black in colour.

I look at Noah and back at my two mysterious brothers and back at Noah. Catching my indication Noah chuckles and proceeds to introduce the two.

" Irmãzinha I would like you to meet your other two elder brothers, Jason and Jack," he says pointing to the guys.

I can't help but smile when Noah calls me little sister, thankful that I had taken Portuguese as my second language back in middle school and now in high school too. So, the one in the suit is Jason and the one wearing the casual but designer clothes is Jack.

Both of them just give me a stiff nod and head upstairs without so much as a hello. Okay I'll admit that actually hurt, but I mask my emotion with a blank face, Noah frowns at that but doesn't say anything about it, he just apologizes on their behalf and proceeds to head up stairs himself.

Liam goes back to cooking whatever he was cooking earlier without a second glance at me. Having nothing more to do I check my phone for any new messages and scroll through Instagram to pass time.

Soon I hear heavy footsteps coming our way again, I look up to see a stern but familiar looking man with the same tanned skin but for a change he possessed piercing grey eyes with a hint of blue. He stands in front of me in an expensive look navy blue suit just like Noah and Jason power and authority rolling off of him in waves giving him an intimidating aura round him.

"Astoria, follow me please," he says in a stern voice and leaves.

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading

Comment &vote

~Kia