Chapter 18

Arias's POV

Cole agreed with me without giving it some thoughts. His eyes were filled with fear, hesitation and determination at the same time when he nodded.

The inside of his head must be in chaos right now...

He wants to leave his pack and his mate, but that is not an easy choice yet he decided as if they do not matter.

I can tell how much he suffered in this place, the way his eyes tries to please me with lies. It is obvious, that both of us are taking advantage of each other.

His heart was filled with anger that is why he is too hasty. I'm afraid that he'll regret it sooner or later.

Since the first born son still cares for him that he needs to beg me not to force Cole on the first night I brought Cole in my chamber.

The first born doesn't matter to me and I do not fear that boy, yet...

I still considered his feelings for this Omega and promised not to force him even until now, but now I have his permission...

Should I give Cole some more time? The both of them are still young, they could still fix this, but Cole-

"Arias! " He called out, waving from the lake where he led me to take a swim. I smiled as I waved back enjoying those smiles he was giving.

Now, he looks like a child and I couldn't help but to adore him.

He have been through a lot... Yet, he acts so strong. Even if he will need to offer himself tonight so he can leave this place.

"Cole! Cole! " Jura shouted as he and Noise swum to where Cole is. "We saw a huge fish! "

My boys were very fond of him for some reason especially Jura and I am very glad he was able to make more friends. It seems like Rika, the servant, is the only person he trust within his own pack.

Must have been painful to won't be able to trust your own mate...

I clenched my fist when her face crossed my mind.

How painful it is.

"Alpha. " Kali sat beside me with Dante following him. "It seems like tomorrow, the first born will take over the throne after the ritual. " He informed me and I unclenched my fist.

"If he takes over, we might have troubles if Cole comes with us. " Dante took a sit on my other side and I frowned.

"I have a plan. " I informed them and they exchange glances before looking at Cole who's teaching Jura and Noise catch some fish with their bare hands.

"Will you claim him? " Dante asked and I did not answer. "What about Pine-" I shut him with a glare and he immediately closed his mouth.

"Do not say her name. " I commanded and Dante immediately nodded his head.

"I apologize. " I gave him a nod before looking back at Cole who's now holding a huge fish, more like the fish biting his whole hand. Noise stared at him, worriedly while Jura laughed so hard and I smirked, amused.

So that's how he caught it.

"Alpha," Kali called out again and I looked at him straight to his eyes. Among the boys, I always consider Kali's opinion no matter what. Aside from Sanity, Kali is a brother figure of mine who I can trust the most. "I really wanted Cole to come with us, but this might hinder our mission. "

I know that. I know that yet I couldn't set Cole aside...

"Stick to the plan. " I forced and Kali nodded without another word. Cole met my eyes and I smiled immediately.

No matter what happens...

Cole is mine.

Austin's POV

"Austin what is the meaning of this?! " My father stared at me in anger as soon as he entered my cabin, where me and my wife Thalia were staying, with no permission.

I glared at him before looking at Thalia who's sitting on the bed, bawling her eyes out.

She might have called father and I clenched my fist in annoyance.

"Austin, explain yourself! " Alpha Drias shouted on my face and I slowly looked up at him. "The ritual will end tomorrow! Why haven't you mark your wife yet?! "

He looks ready to kill, but that won't do.

"If I mark her, Cole will suffer-"

"WHAT NONSENSE ARE YOU SPOUTING! " I stiffened from the sound of his voice and tighten my fist even more, causing my skin to bleed from my fingers. "You wanted this as well! Mark your wife before tonight or you will never have the throne you've ever wanted. " He said sternly.

My chest was clenching in so much anger. They do not understand. I gritted my teeth.

"You could never understand. " My father stared at me in disbelief and there I realized that I am glaring murderously at my father, at my Alpha.

"What did you say, Austin? " He asked as he growled at me in so much disapproval. I felt Thalia stiffened in fear when she realized what could happen next.

"I said, " I glared even more as I prepared myself to fight. "You could never understand cause the Moon Goddess did not see your worth to be given a mate. " I growled and he stared at me in disbelief. "I... " I pounced my fist on my chest. "Cole is the only person I could call mine! "

For the very first time, I stood up for my own.

"And you made me do those things to my very own Mate! " I shouted in so much pain as I felt my eyes watered up in so much anger and pain. "I did it! I did everything you wanted me to do! I commanded my Mate to offer himself to another man to please you! Fuck me for being a good son you can be proud of!" I breathed out. "But Cole will be the one who will mark me and no one else... If you would still not give me the throne I deserve then I'll take it, forcefully. "

"AUSTIN. " He growled and I smirked.

Enough of this.

"Father, step outside. "

I'll have what is mine before anything get out of hand.

Before that Alpha find his way to Cole's heart.

Before I could lose the only person I've ever wanted to fight for.

"I'll end this tonight. "

Before I lose Cole.

***

Sorry for the late update 😭

I'll try harder next time and I hope you like this.

Sorry for my errors and such

Thank you for reading!