Chapter 29

Warning: This chapter contains triggering themes

(Long chapter up ahead guys) 

-

It's 5 am and Taehyung's awake.

But this time, it isn't because of the blaring screams of his alarm. No, instead, it is to the sound of, Jungkook, frantically calling his name while pulling on his arm.

"Jungkook?" Taehyung asks groggily while lifting himself into a sitting position, his vision blurry with sleep.

"H-Help," the boy calls out, startling Taehyung out of his sleep-like state.

"Jungkook, what's wrong?"

Jungkook doesn't give him time to ponder, instead, he tugs him up and then starts running, prompting Taehyung to follow him.

Taehyung hastily stumbles behind the boy, rubbing his eyes to clear his sleep-deprived vision. They both arrive at the dormitories shared kitchen. Jungkook doesn't need to say anything for Taehyung to realise what's wrong.

Taehyung's eyes bulge out upon seeing the fiery blaze lighting the stovetop. He frantically rushes to the fire extinguisher and then aims it at the base of the fire. With several puffs of the extinguisher, the orange haze slowly dies down till it finally diminishes.

Taehyung puts the fire extinguisher down and then bends over, panting. "Jungkook.. w-what the hell?" He exclaims after calming down.

Jungkook looks away with an annoyed expression, his arms crossed over his chest and eyebrows furrowed irritatedly.

"Jungkook...?"

The boy huffs in response.

Taehyung bursts out into laughter, doubling over and clutching his stomach as Jungkook continues to grumble.

"W-Were you trying t-to cook?"

Jungkook shakes his head immediately, getting really defensive. "N-NO!"

Taehyung continues to laugh. "O-Oh my god, what w-were you trying to make?"

Jungkook huffs our in embarrassment. "Nothing."

Taehyung walks over to the blackened pot on the stove and then peeks over it, trying to see the contents in it. He frowns. "Jungkook, there's only water in here?"

Jungkook glares at the pot causing Taehyung's jaw to drop.

"Y-You started a fire while trying to boil water?"

"Shut up!" Jungkook growls defensively as a bright blush runs over his face.

Taehyung stares at the taller boy, eyes softening. He looks around, making sure no one else is there before walking over to the boy and giving him a peck.

"What were you trying to do?" He asks softly.

Jungkook drops his defensive stance and then pulls the boy into a hug, grumbling into his shirt, "make breakfast."

"Why?" Taehyung asks with an amused smile. "If you were so hungry you could have just woke me up. I would've rather got up early to make breakfast than to fight a fire," he jokes while patting the ravenette's chest.

"That's why, Bambi. You always make breakfast for me. I kinda wanted to return the favour and do the same. But in the end, it kinda failed."

Taehyung chuckles while pulling away from the boy, "I appreciate your efforts but I think we should leave the cooking to me, okay?"