0.80

» Even the smallest act of caring for another person is like a drop of water– it will make ripples throughout the entire pond. «

Lesson #9 Take care of each other

A/N ~ I hope this 5000 word chapter makes up for my absence. I'm so sorry for not uploading but PLEASE vote and comment I worked so hard on this and it took me so long and I just love the ideas and messages behind it and yeah I'd appreciate anything you could give 🥺🥺🥰

I will post again when this reaches 150 votes and comments <3

POV: JOHNNY ORLANDO

˚✧₊⁎༄

˚✧₊⁎༄

I'd been running round the house all morning, picking up toys, frantically washing dishes, and putting loads of washing through the machine. Very un-responsibly, I had forgotten to set my alarm and as a result I was behind where I wanted to be. When Mackenzie called and said she was also running late, I sighed in relief. At least now I'd have a chance to make the house look presentable.

I'd started my new job in the past week. It wasn't anything extremely interesting, and I was only working part-time, but I figured that even though I had stashed away a small fortune from working for the army for five years straight, I better keep my mind busy during the day time. I'd picked up a waitressing role at the bar I used to work at as a teenager– the boss knew me well, and was more than happy to welcome me back even if it was only for a while. I enjoyed the job even though it wasn't extremely riveting; I got to chat to some very friendly customers, and as the work was so mindless and second nature to me I didn't have to think much. A lot of my day I stood basking in the sun, making coffee; a very nice change compared to the horrors I was used to at war.

So as a result of me working, I'd slipped up on the housework this week. Which might not have been a problem if it weren't for the fact that Mackenzie was dropping the kids off to me in the later afternoon. They were staying the night as it was Mackenzie's hens night– bridal shower– and she'd asked me to look after them. She kept texting me all week telling me how excited they were to stay the night at mine for the first time. I planned to make it fun; I'd gotten heaps of games out and we were going to have pizza for dinner and then make cake for dessert. Mackenzie said they both loved baking.

Me coming back had been hot gossip in this small town, as I'd learned through work. A lot more people were coming to the bar than usual, and I suspected it was to check out whether I had really come back. I had old women asking me about the twins, and some of mine and Mackenzies old school friends dropped in for a catch up over coffee. Sage, Mackenzies gay best friend, was my favourite visit. We engaged in a tight bro hug when we saw each other, and he'd told me all about how she really had coped when I was gone.

"She's done well, with Hayden. But I never liked that asshat. Tell me you're going to stop the wedding, please," He had drawled, frowning.

"I only want her to be happy," Was what I had settled with after a long silence, tracing my finger around the rim of my glass.

"She's not," Sage had said dramatically.

"Then why is she going ahead with this party thing tonight?" I'd challenged, raising an eyebrow.