19 • unedited my ass

Before, I thought the term 'UNEDITED' was a Wattpad trend because most of the books I've read before had it at the beginning of each chapter. The ones that had MILLIONS of reads.

Like legit.

AND I finally gave up and I was like: 'hey why don't i do the same? maybe it'll give me lots of reads too.'

Cause ya know, the other books with lots of reads were written by authors years ago and most of the books was their first/second time which was why they weren't written properly and they'll be like:

'Read with caution. I was young when I wrote this and I have no idea how books work yadda yadda.'

But hey! They did it for fun, which is totally acceptable.

If you looked at the first draft of my first book 'The Days' you would see this on top:

*UNEDITED. I SUCK AT WRITING SO DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU*

And now, looking back, I want to cringe so badly.

WHY IN THE WORLD DID I DO THAT? I mean, the few readers who opened my book cause it caught their interest will be like: 'what the fuck? ew okay bye, can't believe i wasted my time. if you say so.'

I'm aiming this to the ones who do that. Advice from writer to writer, stop before you regret it. 

I thought before that if I did that, I would sound really humble and maybe even get compliments from my readers cause I need them to boost my ego lol. 

You know, these comments:

"WHAT R U KIDDING YOU DON'T SUCK AT WRITING THIS BOOK IS SOO GOOD."

 Don't lie. It's the best feeling when you try to downgrade yourself but then others say that you're actually better xD

Moving on.

Doing that will not only lower the expectations of your readers but also YOUR OWN.

Be optimistic (and that came from ME lol. Ha.)

And if you want to get more readers, EDIT YOUR BOOK. PLEASE.

Only post the very best out there. I mean, not really the best but just don't make it trashy. First drafts are okay but not the first first first first draft if you get what I mean.

Why do you think I take soo long to update my works???

--

Storytime, so I know someone from Insta who has written books and they really want to get more reads (who doesn't?). 

But every time I've observed how they don't really exert effort in their works. I mean, they do, but not to the point that they really care. They only want reads and recognition yet they don't do their best.

I mean, there was this one time when he/she was like 'Yey we reached 1k reads! I feel super lazy so the next update will be whatever but can we reach 2k soon please??'

I can't remember the exact wording but it sounds as if they don't care about the book and only getting more reads. 

It's like expecting to get more reads when you don't even update your books nor care about their thoughts about your work. Just plain reads and votes.

Like what? It annoyed me so much.

I already told you how much I hate writers who only write for reads and not because they enjoy doing it. 

Believe me, if you only do it for reads and recognition then even if you get popular and all, you'll get sick of it sooner or later. You CAN'T force yourself to like something. Things are too complicated for that. 

That'll mean you just wasted most of your time trying to gain reads for what? An ego boost? Followers?

It's either that or if you're lucky, you'll get to like writing. 

Thank God if that happens.