Chapter 1

2020 UPDATE: Hello, this is the author (duh). My name is Anne and I'm here right now to say that this book isn't meant to be a work of art / beautiful literature. I want to warn readers that even though this book isn't poorly written, it's definitely not my best lol. I have grown since and have improved my writing but haven't had the time to come back to this book and revise it. So please, be kind to this book and others in the comments and just keep an open mind throughout your read!! I love you all and thank you so much for dedicating time to Fight for Her, and if you want a little more improved/mature romantic reading then check out my book Almost Lucky!! Once again, thank you all <3

Hey guys! This is my first book that I wrote on here, so I really hope you enjoy it! (And if you want you can check out my other books! Just go to my profile and they'll be there!)

And this book is now published on Barnes and Noble NOOK, Amazon Kindle, Apple iBookstore, Lulu, and Kobo bookstores FOR FREE! So you can read it anywhere, anytime if you don't have Wattpad on certain devices. :)

This book may not be copied or published without the authorization of the author. Copyright 2014. Because if you do copy my book, imma whip yo ass. Toodles! :)

Here you guys go!

Chapter 1

I stood silently outside my new high school. A gust of cold, harsh, November wind slapped me in the face and my cheeks turned red. I saw students walking in the entrances and chatting away. The school was huge. Actually, huge was an understatement. It was ginormous.

I hesitated at the entrance before taking a deep breath and walking in. I was going to be the new girl, the loner. I had no friends because I had left them all in California. I wasn't used to the cold Pennsylvania weather. I didn't like it at all. I wanted to go back home to my beach house and soak in the salted water with my surfboard floating beside me. I wanted the feeling of sand between my toes and the sound of waves crashing against the rocks.

I especially wanted to go back to my dad.

My parents had gotten a divorce right in the middle of the school year. But instead of me staying in nice, warm California, I was forced to move all the way to the other side of the country with my mom.

I mean, I loved my mom and all, but she was always busy working late nights and was never around. It was like living on my own.

"Move," I was bumped to the side as a kid pushed past me into the school. I wanted to punch him, but that wasn't the best idea.

I finally walked into school and followed the paper map in my hand to an office. The ceilings towered over me and kids crawled up the stairs. I heard the bell ring and suddenly the halls were empty and eerily quiet. I reached the office doors.

"Hello?" I asked when I walked in. There were red couches lining the walls and a lady sitting behind the desk.

"Hi, how may I help you?" she asked.

"Uh, I'm new here. I was just wondering where my classes were..."

She hopped up from behind her desk and grinned widely. I noticed the gray hairs popping out of her bun.

"Oh! Here, I'll show you!" then I followed the overly excited woman out of the room.

She talked about the halls and all the teachers and the school's programs until we reached a classroom at the end of a long hallway. A plaque outside the door read 'Mrs. Tulson'.

She smiled as she opened the door and I followed her in. Immediately, all the students' heads whipped towards me with curiosity. I just stared at the teacher, avoiding everyone.