Going around in town

[M/N][L/N] P.O.V

The team and I have finally completed our mission successfully. We headed back to our base with Asta flying with me. Noelle flew with Magna. We got back and Yami greeted us with a smile. He was laughing at me.

"You guys got beat up real good over there huh, however you idiots have done great!"

"Yeah!" Asta and Magna yelled.

Vanessa talked about how the Magical Forensic Squad couldn't find anything about the man with the strange expensive pocket watch. They believe he was an extremist from the royals. Yami held up a star and said how the Magic Emperor blessed us with it which means he approved our actions. He put it to a board on the wall. When Asta asked how many stars we had, Yami said 30 but it was negative 30.

Vanessa explained it was because they had destroyed a whole town during a previous mission. I didn't know which more to be concerned about. The fact we had negative stars or them being casual about destroying a whole town and not caring that much about it. Yami gave pouches to Asta and Noelle before passing me mine. It was the pay for this month. It was a lot of money but to Noelle it was just a dip in the bucket.

Vanessa congratulated the three of us. Asta began gushing about how many wild potatoes he could buy. Vanessa invited us to go shopping at Castle Town now that we had money and she was free. I decided to keep half the money in my room because I didn't want to waste it all immediately. On my way back down, I came across a weird room that I could feel draining my mana away. I entered it and saw a man with long hair on the bed.

"Hello, sorry I barged in you room. I've never seen you before, who are you? I'm (M/N)"

"Noo.. its fiine.. Imm Henry, thee ghoost heere"

The man spook weirdly. He took a long time to finish his sentences. I delved further into his room and felt more of my mana be drained. Maybe this was a good was to let off my excess mana. It must be a curse of some sort. I could also train this way. A though suddenly hit. He must be Henry, the castle's rumoured ghost but he was just a chill dude.

"I'm glad to meet you, it must be lonely here but you have me now. People also tend to call me a ghost." I paused for a moment but since he didn't show any signs of disinterest, I continued on. "In fact, the captain, Yami calls me Ghost maid. Can I come back later and chat with you please? I'd like new friends" I muttered the last part shyly. I could feel myself getting hot.

Henry's hands grabbed mine and I could feel myself lose a lot more mana but I didn't budge. He gave me a smile and nodded before letting go. I left the room and closed the door behind me. I felt my mana slowly stopped being drained as I headed to where Asta, Vanessa and Noelle were waiting. We headed out towards Castle Town.

I didn't buy anything from the market but Vanessa assured me that it was alright since we were heading to the black market where more fun items would be sold. I nodded and just stayed behind her so she could act my shield. The comment some people were making made me feel at unease. Asta must have noticed because he put a hand on my shoulder and gave me a thumbs up. I laughed and smiled at the silly faces he was making to cheer me up. He made me feel at ease and I felt much better. I slowly moved away from Vanessa and more towards to Asta unknowingly. He was just a pure bundle of joy.

Soon after, Vanessa lead Asta, Noelle and I into a dead alleyway. She walked through the wall and we followed. It changed to a different market. The black market. There were lots of different wands for sale which Vanessa nudged Noelle to look at since she could only control her magic in battle. We saw a lively gambling house and Magna was in there.

I saw bug boy too, the one that bothered Asta in the beggining of the exams. He seemed stressed but immediately stopped playing and flirted with Noelle and Vanessa the minute he saw them. The old lady seemed off as she smile at me. My brows furrowed in confusion. Something was screaming at me this lady wasn't a lady but the Magic Emperor. My intuition was never wrong before so I stared into his eyes even though I was shy and signed.

'I know who you are'

The old lady seemed shocked and walked out but immediately her bag was stolen by a thief used cloud magic. I may not be strong but I was fast. It comes with stealing to survive. Asta and I were catching up to him but bug boy flew ahead just as Asta's sword cut the wind magic. It only resulted in him getting stabbed by a dagger with poison. Asta stayed behind with bug boy while I casted my spell.

'Nature's Cry:Winding Tendrils'

Tendrils came out of the ground and caught the man which made him trip fast first into the ground. Immediately, I grabbed it from him. I let the man get away however. It's silly but maybe he had a home to go back to. I handed the bag to Asta as he handed it to the old lady. Asta complimented him before starting to leave. I stared at the man.

"You're not an old lady. Your the Magic Emperor..." I muttered shyly
"Well spotted"

The old lady transformed into the Magic Emperor before my very eyes. He had a curious look. I refused to step back at his presence and tried to seem intimidating. He gave off a sparkly look.

"So you're friend has nullification magic, is that even magic? Anyways, how did you see past me, what's your name? Can I see your grimoir?!"
"Sorry, slow down... first it's anti magic. I have strong intuition and my name is (M/N)"

I took out my grimoir and showed it to him. His hands brushed against mine before he took my grimoir away from me with a curious look. He looked highly interested as his fingertips traced the leaf clover symbols. He asked me to cast a spell from my grimoir so I did without touching it. The book flew open in his hands and I made a body double of myself that was an illusion.

I never noticed but the clover leaves disappeared whenever I cast a spell. Even the Magic Emperor was impressed. He stared at me, questioning the two different types of magic I had. I explained my Imagination magic and he looked more impressed. He got an incoming voice call from what seems to be his assistant. I took that as my point to leave. I took the liberty to buy a broom for myself and a few toys like a chess. I even bought some paper to take down notes about my creatures. I then left the black market. I realised that my friends were no longer there and panicked.

Thankfully, Asta found me and we all went home. I left to find Henry's room after saying hello to Gordon. He seemed happy with chess even if he was a slow player. I sent a letter to Yuno that night

A/N: Thanks for reading!