4- The library

Her POV

"I have a table for one reserved in the name of Ayanna"

"Ayanna? Ahh yes, I see it here! Right this way please ma'am"

Seated at one of the open air tables, in the tiny courtyard, the restaurant was beautiful.

It exposed brick walls, wooden furnishings, antique knick knacks, plants climbing up the walls, it was like going back in time.

And not to mention, it was packed.

Laughter, indiscernible chatter, and the fragrances of food filled the air.

I placed an order for the pizza of the day, cause heck, halfway across the world too, I can't help myself. Especially since their pizza was supposed to be ridiculously good. My mouth watered in anticipation.

I took out my novel, while I waited. I couldn't bring myself to take out my sketchbook and I try to not use my phone unless absolutely necessary.

So I got back to reading *And then there were none* by Agatha Christie.
Her magnum opus, as I liked to call it.

And even though I knew how it was gonna end, I couldn't help but come back to it and marvel at its brilliance.

"One pizza of the day and glass of Chardonnay" said the waiter, startling me out of the island mansion dream Ms Christie had managed to weave.

"Yes. Thank you!"

"Enjoy your meal!" He said, giving me a dazzling smile.

It was an oyster mushroom, green leaves and pecorino pizza.

And it was ridiculously hot when I tried to pry one of the slices, forgetting t was literally fresh out of the oven

"Ouch! Ridiculously smart? More like ridiculously stupid I swear to god, use your head!" I hissed.

I looked up, scanning the surroundings, hoping no one noticed me.

Phew.

Ahh well.

I dug in.

After a dessert of a Mille-feuille, I paid and left, extremely satisfied and full.

I immediately started looking for another reservation.
I managed to get a table three days later. This time, for dinner.

....

It was 3:30 when I got to the city library.

It was a red bricked building, attached to a more modern extension by Henning Larsen. I stopped myself from thinking about its architecture. It's literally what I do everyday, but I hate it when it creeps up on my subconscious.

"It's your vacation to forget THAT. We don't talk about THAT. We had a deal."

I say as I enter the imposing glass and concrete building.

The interiors are well lit and bright.

I ask the librarian where's the English section. It was pretty deserted.

Perfect.

I settled myself down in one of corners, pretty close to the window. After browsing for the shelves and picking out a couple of books on the history of the city and the country, I settled down.
I put on headphones and played my 'reading playlist'.
It was a library and it was ridiculously quiet. And though I liked the peace and quiet, it had now become a habit to listen to music all the time.

Flashback

"It's become a part of her now. I told you to take it away from her when we had the chance. Why did you buy it for her in the first place?" , Mum said, pointing at my headphones.

My dad just shrugged " I told her to use it within her limits. And she's doing that. It's not hurting anyone now is it?"

"Why do I even bother sometimes-" she sighed

"Yeah... Why do you even bother.." I whisper.

Present

I didn't notice the footsteps as someone came to the area. I only noticed the person once they sat in front of me. I didn't bother to look up.

After finishing the book, or rather flipping through it and reading the fun tidbits. I took off my headphones and looked out of the window, before turning to my sketchbook, looking over to the person sitting in front of me.
He looked up, brown eyes, ruffled hair, his face lit by the sunlight.

Kim Namjoon.

He had his mask off, so I could see his face in full glory, as it burst into his radiant smile.

I just stared.

"What the fuck?"

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Please vote and comment! It really makes my day when I see people reading and interacting with the book! I love each comment and insight y'all give ...

-M