Chapter 23

Riker's POV

Just breathe Riker you can do this. I look at Kaitlyn and she's waiting for me to answer.

"Kaitlyn I-" I'm cut off by Nurse Christine coming in the room.

"How are you kids getting along," she smiles.

"Great," Kaitlyn and I both say. Christine smiles and exits the room, leaving me and Kaitlyn alone.

"As I was saying earlier," I continue, "Kaitlyn I'm.....in Love with you."

It was silent for a minute before a smile spread across Kaitlyn's face.

"Y-You are?" she smiles.

"I am and I have been for a long time I just didn't want to ruin our friendship," I replied.

"Riker I've been trying to tell you the same thing," she beamed. I look at her with joy in my eyes. She likes me back.

"Kaitlyn will you be my girlfriend?" I ask.

"Of course I will Riker," she smiles, with tears coming down her face.

"I love you Kaitlyn," I admitted. She wipes her tears away and looks at me.

"I love you too Riker," she exclaimed.

Kaitlyn's POV

He loves me, he really loves me. This is the greatest feeling in the world.

Riker and I started talking about our future and it seemed so perfect. For once I didn't think about anything else. Until my mom came in.

"Oh Kaitlyn sweetie what happened," my asked, running over and hugging me.

"I had a bad day at school," I replied. She looked at me with relief in her eyes.

"Thank god, I thought you were trying to kill yourself again," she sighed in relief then looked at Riker, "How are you doing Riker?"

"I'm fine, I'm recovering quickly," he smiled.

"That's fantastic," she smiled. She started to stroke my hair, and the n Bill came in.

"Oh Kaitlyn you're not dead yet, and Riker you're still breathing," Bill sighed. I saw Riker tense up as Bill approached him.

"I won't make that mistake twice," Bill whispered, and came over to me.

Before Bill could speak to me three police officers came in.

"Bill Henderson you are under arrest," Sheriff Doug boomed.

"Can I ask what for?" Bill asked playing dumb. Two cops approached Bill and cuffed him.

"For the murder of Keith Wright, the stabbing of Riker Lynch, and domestic violence against Melinda and Kaitlyn Henderson," Sheriff Doug replied. Bill looked at me and my mom.

"You two ratted me out didn't you?" He sneered. My mom and I sat there frozen.

"We had other resources like your next door neighbors the O'Donnells," Sheriff Doug answered.

"Don't worry Melinda, I'll get you and Kaitlyn back for this I always find a way to get the job done," Bill chuckled, before the cops took him away.

"Kaitlyn, Melinda, don't worry about his threats he's not gonna get to you. And we already arrested all of his accomplices and his brother. You'll be safe," Doug assured before exiting the room.

We sat there in silence for a few minutes before my mom broke the silence.

"Don't worry Kaitlyn, he won't come after us," she weakly smiled, pulling me into a hug. She pulled away and waved goodbye to me and Riker, and she disappeared into the hallway.

"Riker," I whispered, looking at the wall.

"Yeah Kaitlyn," He croaked, turning to me.

"I'm scared," I cried, turning to him and meeting his gaze. I put my head in my hands and cried.

A pair of arms wrapped around me, and when I looked up Riker was holding me in his arms.

"It's gonna be okay," He cooed, and stroked my hair.

What have I gotten myself into.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Uh Oh things aren't looking to good for Kaitlyn right now.

Anyway, Please check out my other book Dangerous Love. I will update both books on the same day. So, if I update Dangerous Love expect The Lost Cause to update.