𝓲𝓯𝓽𝓶 XII

JED (a special chapter)

He got a golden voice, that's at least what everyone knew about him. But who is he behind the stage? Who was he before the mic touched his hands?

Born in a middle-class family, it's only normal to think about business handling in the future. To take whatever will keep the money going, that was his parents' perception.

Don't die without money and power.

A phrase that was stamped on his mind since he was 10. He needs to be a successor. He must make his parents proud. It's his obligation being the only son, he saw how his sister works hard to reach his parents' ideals and standards, he needs to be twice as hardworking.

Growing up, his memory of his parents were blurry, he don't even have a proper image of them in his mind. They come home twice a month, sometimes less, he can't help but ask, does he have to be like that too when he grows up?

He loved music since then, from listening to various bands, collecting posters, playing instruments, he releases the burden he has to carry.

His sister, Chesca, never made him feel he's alone, that he doesn't have anyone to hold on to. She's been there for him since day one and will always be. The difference in gender is what set them apart, there are times they can't understand each other, but they will always make a way to make up for it.

He wondered why he doesn't have any friends. Unlike his sister that found a friend, he's aloofness gets in the way. It was difficult for him as a child. He suffered from it, making it hard for him to express his feelings, to put it out on words, most of the time, he pour it into actions and music notes.

Lucia was a blessing for his sister. He saw how Chesca loosen her tight manner because of her. How she helped her make her mind about her career. He's envious.

When they were young, there were times that Lucia tries to approach him. What he does, you ask? He buffers.

Whenever Lucia starts a conversation, his mind goes blank, he wants to answer, but he can't make a word. So before he even opens his mouth, he will see Lucia nodding and walking away with a pout.

It went on for long, until suddenly, Lucia doesn't initiate anymore.

He reached 15, that's when he dropped the bomb to his parents.

"I will study music."
It's a shame that he can't think of another image of his parents since then but the disappointed frowns and eyes of disapproval.

His parents took him to Canada to advance study, he was there for 2 years. And there wasn't a single day he was happy.

He tried being rebellious, he skipped classes, he purposely failed his tests, he shut his door for everyone. His parents thought it was just a phase of a normal teenager.

"I'm going to study music at home."
This time, he's very sure about it
There was no hint of doubt in his voice, it's clear, he knows what he wants.

"You will realize soon how hopeless your dreams are." His dad's words.

He went back to the Philippines. He remembered well how Chesca cried on his shoulders saying how sorry she was that she wasn't there for him. He also remembers Lucia at the back, fiddling her thumbs uneasily and biting her lips, obviously about to cry.

Life finally went according his way in highschool. The time GEUX was formed. He found friends. The kind that doesn't force him to be somebody he isn't.

He's hard to deal with, confusing, he's aware of that. But the guys showed him something he didn't know he can experience.

It started as a hobby, them playing at their garage, to performing for grades, to performing in front of the school body, to accepting gigs, it was his dream.. this is it.

If there's something most remarkable to him, probably Lucia. He knew how she supported them with all her heart, how she never missed a single gig.

He likes her.

But he's not sure. How should he approach her, talk to her, he doesn't even know how to start a conversation with her.

He don't know when exactly it started, was it when he's a child? When he was far? Just recently?

One thing's for sure, he's got his eyes for her for a long time already. From writing poems about her to composing songs about her to dedicating songs he sings for her.

He just got his courage recently after asking tips from the guys. He's new to this and doesn't really know where this will go.

He's complicated as he is, he's trying. But now his mother just have to ruin it again for him.

He clenched his fist and slammed his arms on the bed.

Mother(+817****):
You know what you should do. Come here and study sweetheart, or you know the consequences.