Chapter nine

Chapter nine: I was crazy for you.

***

The final bell pealed as all the students gathered their stuff, and waved goodbye to their friends. I stood outside, waiting for Chase. He walked out of the school with two girls between him, and his friends behind them.

He was telling them something as I looked down, he was pointing at me, and I sighed.

I heard some goodbyes being thrown at Chase, as he ran to me. "Let's go?"

I just nodded while looking at the two girls he was with, Jane Carson and Molly Brown. I hate them.

"You still don't like them?" Chase raised an eyebrow at me.

"How could I stop hating them?" I mumbled.

"If you want me to stop hanging out with them, I will," he looked at me, as we walked to his car.

"I'm not important," I said, hopping inside the car.

"No, you're that important," he whispered. "I'd cut everyone in my life for you, except for my family of course."

I snickered, looking at him. "If I am that important, you would've stopped hanging out with them even if I told you to stop."

"I thought you three were on a good term, hey, I'll cancel our plan," he grabbed his phone from his back pocket and dialed a number.

"No, you shouldn't, they're your friends, and I wouldn't do the same," I shook my head.

"I don't care if you would, but I do care if I consider your enemies as my friends," he placed one finger on his lips, motioning for me to stop talking. "Hey, molly."

"No, I didn't miss you." He rolled his eyes. "Yeah, I know we were just together, but... hey, let me continue... no, I don't want to go on a date with you... I mean why would I?... molly, I considered you as a friend, but I don't... what why not?... no, nothing more! Do not think beyond that! No, I'll never be your husband, let me- stop interrupting me! You're a whore, shut up! I do not want to be friends with you! Because you're a creep, and my friend doesn't like you. What friend? None of your business! Yeah, she's more important, you're not even important to me. Good time, Molly, have a nice day."

He sighed in relief, "man, she sure is annoying."

I laughed, and for the first-ever; I felt happy. Not happy because he cut her out of his life, but because I felt like I had my old chase back.

***

After the whole joke, we were still in the car. "Where are we going?"

He took another turn, the house was behind us now. "Did you really think we'll go home?"

"Yes," I nodded.

"Well, we're not," he smirked.

"Why not?" I asked.

"I get this chance to take you somewhere, and I take you back home where you'll be avoiding me?" He huffed with a chuckle.

I did something unusual, I stopped it for years, I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Don't stick your tongue out at me," he smirked. "I used to su-"

I interrupted, "do not even dare to continue!"

We pulled into the parking lot of our favorite diner. Fine line diner.

I opened the door before Chase got a chance to open the door for me, I looked at him and he was glaring at me.

"What?" I acted innocently.

"You know I always open doors for you, right?" He bit his lip.

"Nope, I forgot," I shook my head and shut the door.

He got out of the car and locked it, we walked towards the diner, it started raining. "Oh, no... let's run!"

"Hold on, you love dancing in the rain," Chase pointed at me.

"But there's no music on," I shrugged.

"It's okay," he ran to his car and played a song. Of course, he turned on his car first. Say you won't let go played through the speaker of his car. He wrapped his arms around my waist, and I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"If Aaron saw how close we are now, he'd go crazy," I whispered.

"So, his name is Aaron," he looked at me.

"Yeah," I looked down.

"When am I going to meet him?" He asked.

"I don't know," I shrugged. "Can we talk about why we're dancing in the rain?"

"Because you love dancing in the rain."

I'm so in love with you,
And I hope you know,
Darling your love is more than worth its weight in gold,
We've come so far my dear,
Look how we've grown,
And I wanna stay with you till we're gray and old
Just say you won't let go

My favorite song, I sighed as I rested my cheek on his shoulder.

I let the tears fall down to my cheeks carelessly, as I thought of the memories we both had.

I wanna live with you,
Even when we're ghosts,
Cause you were always there for me when I needed you most,
I'm gonna love you till my lungs give out,
I promise till death we part,
Like in our vows,
So I wrote this song for you, now everybody knows,
That it's just you and me till we're gray and old.

Once the song was done, we rested our foreheads together; and he wiped away my tears with his thumbs. How did he know that these were tears and not raindrops? I don't know.

Our faces were inches closer, he started to lean more, his lips brushed on mine, and my breath got trapped in my throat as I pulled away. "I can't do that to Aaron."

"Fuck Aaron," he whispered.

"I was crazy for you, Chase," I looked into his eyes. "I loved you but you changed, I found someone else and now you want me back?"

"I've always loved you, Scar, if only you knew why I changed," he frowned.

"You know... I wish that you could turn back the time, to show me that you really loved me," I whispered. "I knew I loved you, but I really wish that it didn't take you two years to realize that you're in love with me."

"You don't really like Aaron, I know that," he said.

"I do," I furrowed my eyebrows at him.

"Call him," he raised his eyebrows.

"Why?"

"Do it," he pointed at my phone.

"Fine," I grabbed my phone and dialed Aaron's number.

"Speaker please," Chase bit his lip.

I pressed on the speaker button and waited for him to answer.

"Hello?" His raspy voice appeared.

"Hey, babe," I was hoping he'd get the message I'm trying to send him.

"Babe? Now I feel special," he chuckled.

"Aaron, stop messing around," I laughed.

"Baby, you got the wrong number."

***

Who's Aaron?

This chapter is even longer to make it up to you. Thank you @bevangca for commenting and voting!!!

Thank you! Please vote and comment!