chap 5

When you taste freedom for the first time the feeling controls you to want more . It scares you , excites you . Even though you know you can't keep it forever you still want it no matter what .

That was exactly what Regina felt . Peaceful , calm , happy , free and ...warm . She didn't remember the last time she had felt warm infact she was more used to cold . Warm was a nice feeling but she knew it wouldn't last forever very soon the master of the low caste will barge through her door and hit her like always .

Wait this wasn't her bedroom .her bedroom wasn't anything warm she didn't sleep on a nicely stuffed bed . Infact she slept on the hays gotten from the stables . Her heart raced and pulse quickened . Slowly she opened her eyes to meet four more eyes staring back at her. She screamed.

She screamed so loud it would break the furnitures . “ aaaah Donna screaming is a bad way to start the day . please stop ” one of them said protecting her sensitive ears . So this wild , uncultured woman was to be their masters Queen? How insulting for a man of his status

She stopped screaming and held on to the bed . If they think they can hurt her then they are surely mistaken. “ who are all of you” she questioned . They got on their knees and this action made Regina more terrified . “ good morning Donna . We are set in charge of you . We are your maids Donna. ” the one with the blonde hair explained . Her eyes on the floor .

Regina seriously wanted to laugh . They were calling her a queen ? Her of all women out there . She should be the one on her knees and pathetically begging for her mistresses attention . She should be the one calling someone else “ Donna” not them calling her . They must be mistaken . “ what are your names ?” she asked .

“ we are not worthy an honor for the Donna to know our names we are nothing but maids . ” one replied . sarcasm lacing each word . Regina rolled her eyes  “ listen I think you are mistaken . I don't know you . I don't know where I am . And I am not your Donna . I am leaving please show me the way out of here ”  she said standing up to go .

“ forgive me Donna but the sire will not be pleased .he brought you here himself and has given strict instructions not to let you go anyway until he arrives ” they said silently begging her to stay . They were scared to be at the receiving end of the masters wrath . He was a man without mercy.

Regina felt frightened . mortified , helpless and hopeless the last occurrence replayed itself in her memory . The king calling her “his betrothed ” . No ! She had hoped it would be a dream, a dream she would wake up and scorn at but that dream is the one scorning her to her face now .

“ who is your master ” she asked . “ our loyalty lies to the great king vermol and his Queen ” they replied thier heads still bowed low . Regina felt pity . She used to be like them . Head low and shaking from shame and trembling as she begged from her masters . She knew how they felt at that moment ,she hated her mistress too. She scoffed at her self . They may call her Donna and sing her praises but she will forever be a slave inward and out . She was a slave to destiny and circumstances. She was a slave and that will never change.

She wondered why the king himself would choose someone like her to be his Queen . They were many ladies of royal birth more beautiful and graceful than her .then why her of all of them .

She didn't know how to take care of herself talk less of taking care of the king and his castle. She has never been to a royal ball .or in a gathering of Noble births before . She was a nobody and the king is making the greatest mistake by calling her his betrothed .

She only knew how to cry and beg and feel sorry for herself and those around her . 

She only knew how to seduce man because she grew up in the brothel and had seen and been thought far more than her young eyes could carry .

Maybe when the king realize how utterly useless she was maybe he will grant her freedom . After all he didn't need her for any thing right ?

What does the king want from a woman who was raised in a brothel ? Sex? No he must have many harem women for that.  The next thought made her scared . He must want  an heir .

Yes that's what he wants an heir .that thought made Regina flinch with irritation . She has never touched a man before . The commander only touched her he didn't take her . For the king to get an heir meant that he had to   take her maiden head . He had to take her virginity .

She would die a thousand deaths before she gave herself to him . She preferred to die an old virgin than spread her legs for the king of all people to take her and make her pregnant . No over her dead body .

Over her dead body .

So guys we got our answer . Looks like it would be very difficult for king vermol to win her over. Or will she reconsider once she sets eyes on the young king .? I don't know ? Keep reading keep voting