15. NEARING THE UNION

Ragini was staring the ring in her finger while her other hand was busy playing with it. She reminisced the moment Sanskar slipped the ring to her finger with a wide genuine smile; unknowingly her face was reflecting the same. But now, an unknown anxiety overtook her. What has gotten into her? She thought.

"Ragini's marriage has to be done before twenty three years according to her Kundli. Else we shall wait for two and a half years to elapse, which means till she reaches twenty five years and six months." Panditji examined the horoscopes and informed the families.

"Only three months are left for her twenty third birthday." Sharmishta said on realization.

"Panditji, look for the appropriate muhurat within two and a half months." Durgaprasad directed the Pandit after having a small talk with Shekhar.

"The kundlis seems to be so compatible. There is a muhurat after almost 50 days, that is on May 25 which is so appropriate for the couple. Can we proceed with that?"

Everyone glanced each other to make sure of their consent. Shekhar called Ragini besides him and she squeezed his hands assuring while Sanskar passed a smile to Durgaprasad.

"Ji Panditji." Dadaji assured.

"We didn't want to rush anything." Shekhar started the talk.

"Also, we didn't want to delay anything so long. That's why we went along with the closest date." Durgaprasad reasoned the decision.

"It's okay, bade papa. Anyways we have talked and are comfortable with it. So this doesn't matter. Don't stress out." Sanskar tried to ease the situation.

"You both won't deny an all-ritual marriage, right?" Ram Prasad asked Sanskar and Ragini letting out a chuckle.

"No Papa. We want an extravagant wedding, spending what we saved from Lucky's marriage." The whole family chuckled on Sanskar's comment while the families started planning the functions.

Ragini has been trying hard to sleep but it seems nidrarani is not a mood today. She jerked her efforts to sleep and sat up nibbling her fingers.

*Ragini's POV*

"What's with me? I was all cool till sometime before and now sweating. It's going out of my control, I think.

Maa, you only suggest me the solution, na? I'm confused. I have no problem with Sanskar. In fact, he is one of the best thing happened to me. But he is... He is my friend, na. Then how can I marry him?" Ragini blabbered looking at Janki's photo.

"Ragu, you don't want to marry him?" Sharmishta was thunderstruck hearing Ragini's words.

Ragini bit her tongue sensing Sharmishta's presence. She chose to handle her extra-confused mind herself. But..

"Maa!" Ragini approached Sharmishta and pulled her inside the room. "It's not like that. Everything was okay, till morning. But after engagement, I'm weird. In fact, so weird! How will I handle everything? I mean we.. I.."

The worry turned out to a small smile on Sharmishta's face. "So Ragu is nervous." She giggled.

"Huh?"

"This is normal for soon-to-be-bride. Like Swara was."

"No Maa. No.. Matlab, may be yes! But do you think everything will go smoothly." For a second Ragini's tone changed as if she's afraid of her future.