Chapter 79: Poisoned Without Remorse

(Y/n) looked at the shattered pieces of the cup Shota had offered to her, only to feel strangely tense because of it. The girl let out a sigh and shook her head, only walking to the stairs to take a shower. She surprisingly made it to her own room without any obstacles, being let to go about her way despite the possessiveness of the surrounding males. She opened the door to her room, closing it behind her and opening the door to the bathroom. Turning on the shower filled the empty room with a small sound.

She slipped the ribbon that had been tied around her hair off, letting her (h/c) locks fall. Looking in the mirror, she saw the despondent and far-away look in her eyes, finding them to lack proper joy or any semblance of normality. She let her tears well up in her (e/c) pupils before she felt her knees give out beneath her and let out a small cry, allowing herself to continue feeling something other than content.

She had made the effort to keep herself strong despite the situation she was in, constantly surrounded by selfish and violent males that pulled and messed with her emotions. Despite her knowing that Takuya wasn't as harmless as he appeared, that Shota wasn't as innocent as he'd lead her to believe, she was still showing them sympathy. She had no access to socialize with any other person besides her tutor, but even then, she had strict orders to keep things emotionally distant so she would have to rely on the males for company.

They'd strung her along though she anticipated it was Shota and Yamato that had the most say in the plot to manipulate her emotions. The girl only began to weep and sob to herself, trying to stifle her cries by burying her head in her hands. The shower, for the most part, covered the sounds of sorrow, making it feel that much more lonely in the empty room. She had reflected more on her actions while being a prisoner of their whims.

True, she had been attempting to play nice with them and prevent violence or arguments by doing, for the most part, what they wanted. However, her mental state could only take so much before it fooled itself into feeling for the males. She was fully aware of the twisting sensation in both her heart and her mind, but it wasn't that easy to get rid of. The time she had to herself was limited and the amount of socializing she needed to stay sane only furthered the males' ultimate goals.

(Y/n) tilted her head up, holding her tears back so they didn't leak onto her cheeks and withheld her emotions once more, putting on a stern look. She stood up once more and gazed at her expression in the mirror, finding it to be disgusting. However, she noticed a familiar face standing behind her, his hands moving to her hips as his chin set on her shoulder. He let out a longing sigh, only to place a kiss on the girl's neck.

"Are you lonely?" Rei asked, his tone serious and low, "I am, too. Do you want to use each other?"

Before the girl could ask what he meant or decline to see him, he snaked his arm around her waist and tugged her to him, placing his lips on hers. He handled her sternly but rough, refusing to let her slip from his grasp. He never closed his eyes, intent on looking into hers, and never allowed her to look away from his violet pupils. He pushed his blonde hair away from his eyes, ensuring she could better see him, but he was discontent with the girl's lack of cooperation. She wasn't willingly embracing him, after all.

He pulled away from her lips and contemplated his feelings if only for a moment. He felt not only full of rage and despair but great affection for her, not able to decide whether to be forceful or gentle. Thus, he did both at the same time, hoping it would make some kind of difference in her feelings for himself. While he gripped tightly onto her hips, making her wince in pain from the pressure, he also gently picked her up, placing her in the shower. He didn't bother to take off her clothes, though he debated it.

He allowed his own clothes to get soaked as he soaked the girl as well. He kept her in his arms, placing his lips against her once more and trying to display his feelings for her with great passion and hope. Though, the girl's hands pushing away at his chest told him that his feelings were still unrequited. The blonde refused to show his true emotions and hid them before realizing that wasn't what he wanted. He wanted her to be the only one that could understand him and he wanted her to be the only one that could hold him together.