Chapter 3:

Kevonte Coleman
Savannah ,Georgia

"alright princess you want this?" I said as I showed kaia the menu.

"I want nuggets." she said.

"you need to eat veggies don't you want to be healthy and strong like me." Zyion said as she looked at the menu and kaia looked at me and shook her head wildly causing me to laugh. I brought Zyion and kaia with me so we can look for Shay her mama said she ran away or some shit but ion believe nun of that because she'd never leave me or kaia willingly.

"So what's the plan we torture them til they talk or we simply talk to them til we fall asleep." Zyion said with a smile.

"we just asking around zy I doubt shay's even down here ain't like she cool wit nun of em." I mumbled.

"why am I here then I don't know them."

"because you know how to get folks to talk so I'll talk to the boys you'll handle the girls." I said as I helped kaia sip some of my drink.

"I'd rather talk to the boys." she said.

"fine I'll talk to the girls you'll talk to the boys." I said .

                                           ***
"me and Shay aren't really that close sorry." Adrianna said as she handed me a glass of water, I sighed and took the glass from her.

"why is she doin this? She trynna punish me or sum?" I said as I sat back.

"Shay has always been difficult but one thing I've learned from her is to stay out her business and let her come to you." she said as she picked kaia up.

"I can't do that especially that we got a kid that needs her mom and ion think I can do this by myself yo." I said as I ran my hands down my waves.

"your not by yourself king you have us and your family. Have you talked to elijah? He probably can send some people out looking for her." she suggested.

"no we not on speaking terms." I said while sitting back.

"I'll never understand you and Elijah's relationship." she said as she played in kaia's hair.

"me either i wish shit can go back to the way it was before Shay but it's to much damage that's been done." I said.

"do you want me to talk to Jaxon see if he has heard from her?" She asked.

"yeah can kaia stay here for a lil while I need to make some more stops." I asked.

"sorry I have to go to the office but ask tara she'll be happy to." she said while handing me kaia, I rolled my eyes that's a talk I been dreading I don't feel like arguing wit her stubborn ass.

"preciate it." I said as I stood up.

"If I hear anything I'll call." she said as she walked me to the door I nodded and buckled kaia up in the car.

"mommy's coming home later?" Kaia asked as she played with her toy, I dropped my head and looked at her and caressed her cheeks.

"Mommy is on vacation I dunno when she's coming back but I promise it's gon be soon ight." I said and she nodded her head. I finished buckling her up and drove to Tara's house, Zyion said all the boys were at the trap so I'm guessing she's home alone. I knocked on her door and I heard kids yelling and the door unlock.

"Kaylin who at my door!" Tara yelled.

"it's baby kaia!" She squealed as she held her arms out to pick her up, I laughed and handed her to her and she walked away I shut the door and Tara came around the corner and rolled her eyes.

"king what are you doing here?" she asked.

"got a full house?" I asked.

"no it's just ava and kaylin playing dress up they don't know how to do that quietly." Tara said while crossing her arms.

"we need to talk." I said.

"about?"

"Shay." I said and she scoffed.

"if you came here to apologize for her I don't want to hear it I've accepted she's ill and moved on with my life." she shrugged as she walked away.

"she's missing." I said and she stopped and turned around.

"missing or did she run away?" she asked while furrowing her eyes brow.

"doesn't matter I need to find her." I said.

"well she isn't here."

"Tara put your differences to the side right now, I have a daughter that I'm not gonna be able to raise by myself kaia needs her mama."

"I can't help you king Shay's has made her bed with me she has said and done more hurtful things than I can count." she snapped.

"she's your best friend."

"she used to be my best friend but things change people change she's not the same anymore she's horrible and I don't want that type of person in my life nobody does." she said.

"she's going through something Tara what do you expect her to act like?" I asked.

"you know I'm tired of everybody making excuses for her Shay is her own damn person she can control what she does or say, Shay put her hands on me she has threw shit in my face that she knows that'll hurt me and you want me to forget all that shit and be besties with her again?" She asked.

"I'm not trying to make you upset Tara, I just want her to come home with me and be there for her daughter." I said.

"Maybe where ever she is, is for the better, I have a daughter and a fiancé a family I have to take care of you can't ask me to put everything on hold for someone who doesn't want help." she said.

"whatchu sayin?" I asked.

"what I'm sayin king is take kaia and focus on her she's the only thing that matters, we probably didn't know it but maybe our lives is better without Shay." She said, after me and Tara talked I decided to call it a day my mind was racing I'm stressing I don't know what to do, everybody is telling me to leave her be but I can't I need her and she needs me I just know it.

***

Short chapter but I'm gonna be updating all my books today because I'm stuck in the house bored.🥺 how are y'all doing? Tara made some valid points when she was talking to king what do y'all think? Is she wrong for wanting to separate herself from Shay or is she doing what's best for herself? Comment and Vote! 💚