Chapter 52

Klaus snaps Stefan's neck for the 50th time, before speeding over to me, his hand wrapped around my throat. I gasp, wincing as he holds me a few centimeters off the ground.

"Tell me what you two are hiding Aria." Klaus demands for the thousandth time.

"I can't." I choke out causing him to drop me to the ground. I fall to my knees, gasping for breath. Damn, Klaus has a strong grip...

I cry out as Klaus kicks causing me to fly across the truck. I hit the wall hard, pretty sure my spine just broke. I lay there, softly crying in pain waiting for it to heal. Why is Klaus doing this? I thought he cared about me a little, but I guess not. Right now, I kind of just want Damon.

"Stop it Klaus, she's still just a child." Rebekah glares, running over to my side. She helps me sit up, and I have to bite my lip to keep from screaming in pain.

"I see you've grown attached to Aria. Too bad." Klaus growls, forcing me to stand up. I scream, not being able to hold it back any longer. I swear guilt flashes across his face but it's probably a hallucination from the pain. "What are you hiding from me?" I see Klaus' pupils dilate and I know he is compelling me. 

"My sister is still alive. Bonnie did a spell to save her and keep her human." I tell him, not able to stop myself. I mentally scream at myself, I basically just planned my own sisters death. I didn't have a choice though. I can't resist his compulsion. Wait, I didn't tell him about the necklace though...weird.

In a second Klaus is gone, and I let out a little sob, not believing what I just did. I look over at Rebekah, tears in my eyes. "I only lied to protect her, she's one of the only family members I have left. I just wanted to keep her safe."

Rebekah nods, a small smile on her face. "I understand why you did it." she looks over at Stefan, a hurt look in his eyes.

"Don't hate him Bekah, he didn't even know you exist. Klaus made his forget you. If Klaus didn't do that, Stefan would have fought for you." I smile, hoping to make her feel a little better. 

"I know." she whispers. 

"I have to go, I got to try and save Elena. Even if Klaus does kill me." I say, mentally preparing myself for the shit storm I am about to get into.

"I'm not going to say good luck, I want her dead. She stole Stefan's heart from me." Rebekah shrugs, being the honest person she is. And the jealous person. 

I roll my eyes, before taking off running into the school. I stop in the hallway, closing my eyes and listening for Elena or Klaus. I hear them after a moment, taking off in the direction there voices are coming from. Shit, he already found her. 

I stop in front of the gym doors, scared about what's going to happen. I can't say I'm scared very much, but I'm scared shitless right now. 

I throw open the doors of the gym, causing all heads to turn towards me. I frown at the two random kids in here, one standing on one foot, and the other just standing next to her. Weird... Klaus probably compelled them to eat each other or something. 

"Aria." Elena smiles, a moment of joy at seeing me. 

"Hey Lena." I smile back, not having seen her in awhile. 

"How touching." Klaus smirks, speeding over to me. I look at him, trying not to look intimidated. "I should kill you." he states. 

"But you won't." I shrug, with a small grin on my face. 

"Oh really?" Klaus questions, looking amused.

"You've already beat the shit out of me and I could tell it hurt you to do it. Killing me would be like killing yourself. You won't admit it Klaus, but you care about me. In some messed up way, you do." I smirk, feeling more confident as I keep talking. I know I'm right, he does care.