Chapter 22

It had been a few days since the incident, meaning that it was currently Friday. Shoto and Katsuki were going close to crazy, seeing as Izuku hadn't been out of his dorm since Monday and the pair weren't allowed to go see him.

He was on a sort of mental health break. Only his 'family' and Aizawa were supposed to go into his room and he really wasn't supposed to leave, at least not without someone with him.

The two boys had no clue if he just didn't want to leave or if the League was keeping him in place. No one would tell them anything, so they were completely in the dark.

They were both getting so desperate to just know if he was okay or not, that Katsuki suggested sneaking into his room from the balcony. Unfortunately as Shoto pointed out, he's never alone so they'd be caught immediately. Other than that, the taller boy wasn't so opposed.

"He has to be alone at some point." Katsuki complained. They were currently sitting in Katsuki's dorm, pretending like they were just keeping up with the English practice, but in reality they were trying to figure out how to see Izuku.

"He tried to jump off the roof of the gym, he's never alone." Shoto said, shuffling through some papers on the bed. He was trying to do actual English homework while they talked, but it wasn't easy to concentrate.

With a groan, Katsuki threw himself back on his bed. His head was laying next to Shoto, so when he looked straight up, he could easily see the duel haired boy. "Can't we just get an extra to distract them or something?" He suggested.

Shoto dragged his eyes away from the homework and over to the boy laying beside him. "Hypothetically yes, but I doubt they'd ever leave him alone, no matter what we try." He said, not entirely shooting the idea down, but not wanting the blond to get his hopes up.

"Let's just get the pervert to grab psycho's ass again. Worked last time." Katsuki pointed out, resting a hand behind his head as he watched Shoto trying to focus on the homework in front of him.

Keeping his eyes trained on the papers, Shoto mumbled a response. He wasn't paying that much attention anymore. "Last time it was Izuku and he was actually there when it happened. If Mineta touches Toga again, she'd probably kill her himself and have no need to run and get her big brothers."

Shoto had to admit, saying that his big brother was someone else's, was still weird to him. It hurt a little bit too. What was so great about the villains that made Touya want to be their sibling but not his own? What had he done to mess up that relationship?

From the look Shoto made while saying 'big brothers', Katsuki had a pretty good idea what was going through his head. Shoto wasn't easy to read in the slightest, and Katsuki had never been as good at people reading as Izuku, but over the past few weeks he had picked up on a few things.

Like the flight furrow of his eyes brows and scrunch of his nose, meaning he was confused by something. Or how he'd purposefully school his features, more so than usual, when he was bickering with Katsuki. Or his faint smile that Katsuki only ever saw around Izuku, or when he was lucky enough to make a joke that the duel haired boy actually found funny. It didn't happen often, but when it did, Katsuki can't help the warm feeling in his chest that made him want to make Shoto smile over and over.

It was fucking weird.

"Have you... talked to him at all?" Katsuki asked, hinting at Dabi.

Shoto still wasn't paying him too much attention, lost in his own thoughts. "Hm?" He hummed softly.

"Have you talked to your brother at all?" He clarified, expecting the sight of Shoto in return.

He cautiously cleared his throat, not so sure he liked where their conversation was heading. "No." He said lowly. The only time he even got close to his brother is when he would hang out with Izuku. Even then, they didn't strike up conversations casually.