Thinking Out Loud

So can we pretend that I'm 22 today?
Dancin' on the tables with you, oh yeah
Can we pretend that we all end up okay?
I just wanna forget with you, oh yeah
Can we pretend that we both like the president?
Can we pretend that I really like your shoes? Hell yeah
Can we pretend? 'Cause honestly, reality, it bores me
Let's pretend, oh, let's make believe
Can we, can we pretend?

Noelle

"Drink up birthday girl"

Hannah shoves two drinks in my hands before I can protest and swallows down the content of her glass.

"What's this?" I ask her bringing the glass to my nose and wrinkle it at the smell.

This is strong.

We have been at the George & Dragon for an hour now and I already drank my fair share of cocktails.
Seems like it's Hannah's and Carter's mission to get me drunk tonight.

"Caipirinha" she explains "C'mon, drink up. Carter is ordering shots for us"

"Hannah... My dad and Mae are here, I don't want to drink that much in front of them" stumbling on my heels I put one glass on a table near us and take a long sip from the other.

"I talked to your dad. He told me his friends had to carry him out of a pub when he turned 25. Told me he'll be disappointed if you don't do the same", she tells me, crossing her arms on her chest.

I side-glance at my father, seated in a corner with Anne and Hannah's parents "I don't believe you. He didn't tell you he'll be disappointed"

My best friend laughs "Okay... Maybe he didn't say that, but I know it's not a problem for him if you drink a bit"

I sigh, "This is not a bit Hannah, I'm already tipsy"

"Perfect!" she cheers "I'm gonna see why Carter is taking so damn long with that shots" she turns on her heels and walks quickly to the bar.

Playing with the black straw in my mouth I look around me: Mae and Harry are speaking in a corner of the room, Alice and John and examining the little buffet that George - the pub's owner - has prepared for us, Michael and Gemma are enveloped in each other in the other corner.

This little get together is going well this far, and beside Tweedledum and Tweedledee trying to get me drunk, I'm having a good time.

Honestly, it's been a good day.

Waking up this morning I found myself covered with a blanket that Harry must have put on me before going home.
My dad made his infamous english breakfast that we ate in the living room with Carter and Thomas. They weren't really convinced about eating black pudding but eventually, they swallowed it down, under my father's hard stare.

After breakfasts, we went in London - as planned - and I showed them the loft.
As I expected they fall in love with it. Mae has adored the little walk-in closet and has already planned to spend as many weekends as possible with me in the flat. Thomas had already seen pictures on the place and liked it even more.
My dad suggested I could use a bicycle to go from the kitchen to the bathroom seeing how big the place is.

After that, Carter and I went to see the works at the restaurant are going, to check if everything was going under schedule. We decided not to bring my dad, Mae and Thomas along with us - we preferred to show them the place only when finished - instead, we let them have a look through Camden Market.

As every time I see the soon-to-be-restaurant place, I fall in love with it over again, even more now that it's taking shape.

We decided to eat something from the market stands and after, we came back home to get ready for my party.