The Van der Linde Gang: Modern Times Part 4

The Van der Linde Gang & Modern Reader

Summary: You take the gang to the beach (Headcanons).

Word Count: 700

Taking the gang anywhere requires a fair amount of patience but don't worry, once you are all there things get easier.

You have to team up with Miss Grimshaw, the two of you keep the whole trip afloat.

You pack some food and a cooler of drinks.

It's all worth it to get to see Jack's first time at the beach. He loves it and you love seeing the whole Marston family having fun together.

Sean is splashing everyone in the water, trying to get reactions from them. Sometimes he is an actual child and he will splash fight you. He manages to get Lenny and Kieran involved and they keep each other busy. You trust Lenny to keep an eye on them both.

Hosea is just happy to sit and relax in the sun. No, he's not helping anyone, it's his day off. Will only assist if you need help, he never wants to leave you to look after the gang, that shouldn't be your responsibility.

Dutch has a great time and mostly spends the day with Hosea, the two trying their best to take the day off from running the gang.

Bill brings the dog that you got after Jack told you all about Cain, we will call him Cain Jr. He loves the dog and it didn't take much convincing for you to let him bring him. He spends most of the day either playing with Cain Jr or just sitting with him.

Micah complains the most, about everything, but everyone just tells him to shut up. He doesn't understand why you're all going to the beach to just sit around. You would tell him that if he didn't like it he could leave, but you weren't comfortable with letting him wander around on his own. He needed supervision so you had to take him with you.

Leopold and Orville mostly stick together, finding some shade to sit under.

Mary-Beth likes to lay on the beach with a good book, one of the ones that you had taken her shopping for. You spent the whole day wandering around bookstores and libraries.

Karen convinced Mary-Beth and Tilly to get in the water with her. They just kinda float around and laugh together.

Molly is more than happy to spend the day in the sun, in peace and unbothered by anything.

Of course Javier brought his guitar to keep you all entertained. He occasionally gets a small audience of other beach goers.

Uncle thinks it's great but manages to get even lazier. You ask him to pass you a drink and it's 'it's my day off' this or 'it's the Lumbago' that. You're about ready to hit him but Arthur talks you out of it.

You most likely spend most of the day with Arthur, insisting that he just relaxes and doesn't worry about the gang for just one day.

You and Arthur sit together, sharing drinks and conversation. The two of you lazily move from the sun, to the shade, to the water, where ever. You just want him to relax and enjoy himself!

Charles might join the two of you for a little bit before wandering off on his own again. He really enjoys the day, getting out of the house and going somewhere new. He tells you that it was a good day and congratulates you on not snapping and killing somebody once you're all home.

The gang has a volleyball game. Dutch takes it far too seriously but what do you expect?

Arthur, Charles and Sadie all end up on one team, the others don't stand a chance.

Sean will definitely get sun burnt because he refused to put on sun-cream. You had to fight with him about it but he argued that he was an outlaw! He doesn't need some cream to protect him from the sun! Once returning home, he complains about how it hurts while you just shrug and say 'I told you so'. You will have to help him out because he won't leave you alone.

Once you're home, Kieran tells you that he had fun and thanks you for inviting him. He's too precious!

Everyone says that you should all go again sometime. Dutch jokingly asks where you're going to take them all next. Hosea pats you on the back and tell's you that he is both impressed and proud of how you can handle the gang.

Requests?