53

Sam and Dean had come home with a new friend at least two days ago. But now, it had been a few days without Dean or Sam at the house. And quite frankly, Jessica was getting worried. She spent her time mostly reading books to keep her mind off of the possibility of losing Dean.

"Find anything?" Bobby asked.

Jessica shook her head. "I haven't found anything."

"Let's see if we can get anything out of the monster downstairs." Bobby said as he headed towards the basement. Jessica followed.

"Bobby!" The man smiled. "How's my favorite man doing?"

"Zip it." Bobby growled.

As Jessica came down the stairs she heard the man cat call her.

"Who's the fox?"

"You're worst nightmare." Jessica replied coldly.

"Ooo." The man winked at her with a smirk. Jessica rolled her eyes.

"So, what's on today's agenda?" The man looked between the two. "More holy water? Maybe some rock salt? What about dead man's blood?"

Jessica walked over towards a table that had a whole bunch of torture devices for the creature. She wrapped her hands around a machete and picked it up.

"You know I can't be killed." The man smiled.

"But hopefully this will slow you down." Jessica raised the blade and sliced it through his neck. His head fell to the side and rolled on the floor.

"Oh that is gross." Jessica wiped her hands onto her shirt.

"We have to find out what kills them." Bobby said. "Jess, why don't you go back to the library and find some more books. I'll keep working on this guy."

"Okay." Jessica headed up the stairs and grabbed Bobby's car keys. Then she headed outside towards his truck and got in. The sound of the engine reminded her of Deans car. She just hoped that him and Sam were alright.

Jessica sighed and turned the keys in the ignition. Then she pulled out and headed towards the library.

~<•>~

"Are there anymore books you'd like to check out?" The librarian looked at the stack of books Jessica had placed onto the counter.

"Nope, just these please." Jessica replied.

"Okay." The librarian grabbed one book at a time and checked each book out.

"You into monsters or something?" A man next to Jessica asked.

"Oh, um no." Jessica nervously chuckled. "It's a project I'm doing actually. My friends need help on this school project so I promised them I'd help." Jessica motioned towards her books.

"Huh." The man nodded his head.

"Ma'am." The librarian handed Jessica a bag filled with all of her books.

"Thank you." Jessica smiled at the librarian. Then she left the building.

As Jessica walked towards Bobby's truck she got out her phone and dialed the man's phone number. "Hey Bobby, I got more books. I'm on my way back now."

"Good." Bobby replied.

"Hey Bobby where can I put this?" A woman said in the background.