twenty four

EMARA
**
***
*****

I stared at Tristan with a look void of emotion, watching as he walked around the basement, adjusting the lighting and testing the ropes keeping me from being able to move. When he looked at me, a Cheshire smirk grew on his face and he cupped my cheeks, squeezing them together.

"Feel okay?" He asked me.

I stayed silent and he leaned in, making me turn my head immediately so he kissed my cheek instead of my lips. I wasn't going to give in; it's been at least three days without any water or food but I wasn't going to let him get what he wanted. He was insane and it was clear as day now.

"How'd you sleep?" Tristan asked me, waiting expectantly for an answer. I glared at him and spat in his face, watching with a raised eyebrow as he let out a disgusted sound and wiped his face.

"You fucking bitch," he muttered to himself, making me roll my eyes and stare at the ceiling.

"If you think I'm gonna be nice to you after you kidnapped me and hung me up in your basement like a rag doll, you have another thing coming," I said, keeping my focus on the ceiling. "Kade's gonna kill you for this, you know that, right?"

"My brother's weak," Tristan snapped, making me snort. "He doesn't know what I'm capable of."

"He beat your cheating ass in public and called you out on your bullshit at a gathering," I said with a humourless laugh, meeting his stare with a cold one. "You've lost everything you had other people build for you and now you're desperate, so you went after me because you thought that it would make Kade weak and do what you say.

"Luckily for me, Kade knows better than to freak out because I'm gone because I'm going to guess that he figured it would come to this at some point," I continued on, watching as his face reddened with anger. "He's obviously smarter than you so he's going to think of something to do before running head-first to this disgusting place."

"What makes you think he'll even know where you are?" Tristan challenged, making me roll my eyes.

"We're in a tiny rented house on the side of a deserted road," I said, narrowing my eyes. "It's too cliche not to guess, Tristan."

He opened his mouth to say something when the basement door opened, revealing a certain blonde that Kade warned me off three days earlier. I sighed in annoyance, watching as Reagan walked downstairs, giving Tristan a disgusting and sloppy kiss. I had to stop from vomiting on the spot.

She was the one in that picture that showed me that Tristan was having an affair. Reagan lied her way to get to being my agent and when the opportunity struck for something she thought Tristan had to see, she took a picture and sent it to the paparazzi.

And I fell for the load of bull when I should have really been listening to Kade. I was managing on my own but I needed Kade to find me; I was losing my sanity and couldn't keep my strong facade on for much longer.

"Any luck getting in?" Tristan asked, watching as Reagan shook her head. "It shouldn't be this difficult."

"His security is extremely difficult and it requires Kade to be there to make any deposits or withdrawals," Reagan answered, and that's what caused me to start laughing.