◆53

"You can let go of me now

"You can let go of me now..." Jeno trailed off, looking down at Heejin who clung onto him with her hands joined behind his back.

They were at his hospital room now, standing in the middle of it as she downright refused to let him go.

"No." Her voice muffled by the material of the white shirt he changed into. Jeno's casted hand was awkward by his side and the other one was on her back.

"I get it, you missed me and as much as I'd like to hug you for hours right now, I'm in pain."
Heejin immediately got off him with her eyes wide.

"Where? Where does it hurt, let me call the nurse-"
"No it's okay, I just need to sit." He spoke, limping over to the bed and lowering himself down with a wince and she stepped forward but he shook his head.

"I'm fine-"
"Where did you go? Why did you leave the bed you idiot, you were in a coma- are you stupid?" She grilled with stern eyes.

Jeno let her rant at him before he spoke as she had her hands crossed over her chest.
"I went to get you a pillow but they didn't have any."

"Oh."
"Yeah, oh. Now, please go eat something- I'm not going anywhere."
Heejin stubbornly shook her head, the fear of him disappearing or getting hurt prevalent.

"You really scared me, you looked dead." She said with a frown on her lips and Jeno's eyes raked over her saddened state.

"I'm sorry, I think I was a bit stupid to think I could take on all of them."

"I mean you took out like 90%... anyway the doctor told me that you've sprained your ankle- obviously you broke your wrist....uh I think you have a few fractured ribs- sorry for hugging you now I feel guilty it must hurt."

Jeno smiled, shaking his head reassuringly.
"It's okay."
"Idiot." She grumbled. "You always put others before you, what if you died- then what?"
"I thought something bad happened to you." He spoke seriously, eyes narrowing.

"The thought of it...just the thought of you being taken and i don't know- did they hurt you?" He shifted into protective mode.

"I'm okay Hyeon, I promise."
"Who took you, do you know?"

Heejin sighed, racking her brain.
"He sounded familiar...I couldn't put my finger on it."
"It doesn't matter now, as long as you're safe."

Heejin had a dorkish grin on her lips as she sat besides him, swinging her legs on the edge of the hospital bed.

"What?"
"Just...remember when we met at Cerulean- you weren't too happy were you?"
Jeno sighed, groaning at the hassle she created.

"Yeah- Cerulean museum my ass."
"How did you know it was me by the way?"
"When you confronted me about the fire at lunch and poured water over my head."

Heejin raised her brows and thought back to it.
"Ah yes, then you got half naked and told me to wash your shirt and that I've caused war."

Jeno shoved his head in his hands, groaning in embarrassment and Heejin laughed.
"What happened to starting a war?" She teased.

Jeno looked up at her mischievous expression and scoffed lightly.
"You know I might have broken my hand but I could pin you down in less than a second."

"Yeah right, you know I'm the best fighter in the gang-"
Heejin was abruptly cut off by her back hitting the bed and his good arm across her shoulders that pinned her down.

He hovered over her with a smug look on his face and she was taken aback.
"Yeah what were you saying?" He laughed lightly.

His smile quickly diminished as he realised the position and situation they had ended up in and the tension within the room grew.

Suddenly, it felt like everything else silenced and it was only them two- their breathing as the only sound.
She watched as his eyes flickered between her eyes down to her lips.

Heart pounding so much she thought he could heart it and the quickening of her pulse sent a rush of red to her cheeks.

Jeno removed his arm from her, instead putting his palm by her head, gauging out her reaction.
She gulped, the thought of him actually kissing her made her blood rush, feeling dizzy from it.

He found himself lowering his head, his hand serving as the only thing that kept him from crushing her and her eyes fluttered to a close in anticipation.

The air around them felt intoxicating and unable to catch their breaths as the tension grew.

She felt his nose brush her own and her breath hitched, not believing it was actually happening.

Finally, their lips brushed against each others by a fraction, almost insignificant yet she could feel it about to happen.

"Uncle Jennie!"

Heejin's eyes widened, pushing him back and with that she accidentally went falling off the bed and onto the floor with a yelp.

Wow is it really a hyuckscult book without an interrupted kiss

Also I wasn't sure if it was the right time idk