Twenty-Two

this chapter is dedicated to oheyitsamy and jd_tybs

This amazing new cover is made by FabulousFireHydrant, <3

Daryl's POV

After finding the Prison, Rick and I went back to tell the others.

When we broke from the trees I saw a new figure talking to Carl and Rider. I nudged Rick and pointed in their direction. He lifted his gun and I lifted my crossbow as we made our way over to them. That person could be a threat, we need to eliminate the threat.

The tall, brunette girl looked at me and her legs immediately started to run in my direction. I lifted my crossbow higher, aiming it at her head. Once she got closer I noticed her copper eyes, plump lips and high cheekbones. I noticed the army jacket on her shoulders and the black jeans nicely hugging her long legs. My breath hitched in my throat and my heart was beating so fast it could've popped out of my chest.

Alyx

I dropped my crossbow and it hit the floor with a loud clank. I sprinted as fast as my legs could carry me until I was a few feet away from her. I scooped her into my arms and hugged her so tight my arms were sore.

"Alyx... I-I can't believe you're here.." I managed to mumbled into her long dark hair. She looked up at me with her beautiful eyes and enhaled deeply.

"i should've done this along time ago" I said before forcefully connecting her perfect lips with my dry ones. Our mouths moved together in sync until we separated, gasping for air. I stared into her eyes and she stared right back when a deep chuckle sounded, followed by a group of others.

We turned around to see the rest of group with goofy smiles planted on their faces. Alyx gave me a quick kiss on the cheek before dashing off to reunite with the rest of the group. She walked over to Rick first, throwing her arms around his neck and embracing him tightly. They shared a few words before she made her way over to Lori, Riley and Beth.

She turned to Maggie and Glenn to see that they had impatient looks on their faces. Glenn was tapping his foot and Maggie was gripping his hand tightly. Alyx gave Beth another quick hug before skipping over to the duo and jumping into their arms for a group hug. I didnt know she got that close with them. Im glad she did though, she needs some people to depend on.

They had a short conversation and she finally let go of the two and made her way over to Tdog, Hershel and Carol. She gave Tdog a friendly pat on the shoulder, Hershel a hug and kiss on the cheek and Carol a tight hug.

Afterwards, we all seperated into groups. Carl and Beth were on opposite sides of our small camp keeping watch while the rest of us huddled over a map, deciding what to do next. I looked to Rick and nodded, signaling him to tell everyone about our previous find.

He cleared his throat and everyones heads turned in his direction.

"While me and Daryl were out hunting we found a secure prison. There are some walkers in it but we can clear them out easily." Eveyone nodded there heads in aggreement and we all spread into different cars, driving towards the prison.

Alyx followed me over to where my motorcycle was parked. She admired it for a moment before running her hand across the seat.

"You always wanted one of these..." She said, not making eye contact with me.

"and ye always wanted a ride on one." I finished her sentence. She nodded her head and stepped back so i could get one. She got on behind be and hugged onto my torsos tightly, resting her head against my back.

Alyx's POV

The rumble of the bike made me and Daryl's whole bodies vibrate. He kicked the kick stand and started to drive to bike in the direction of the prison.

I ran my hands up and downs his sides and across his chest. I slipped my hands underneath this shirt and rubbed his bare chest. I looked at his face to see he was clearly focused on driving. His jaw was clenched and his lips were in a straight line. He had a death grip on the handler bars and his knuckles were tiring white. I chuckled softly has I retrieved me arms from under his shirt and placed them on his shoulders.

I could tell he was turned on by my simple "friendly" gesture. Men are so weak when it comes to that stuff. They get tuned on so easily.

I leaned up and placed a soft kiss on his cheek before sitting back down and resting my head on his back.

We came to a stop in front of the large cement building a few minutes later. Daryl hopped of his bike and turned to me with a disappointed look.

"Don't do that kinda shit again, I almost crashed" He said with a chuckle. I smirked and stood up, placing a tender kiss on his lips before following the rest of the group towards the giant jail cell.

We all got out of our vehicles and made our way over to the outer fence. Rick handed Glenn some bolt cutters and Glenn cut a decent sized whole in the fence. We all scampered through the whole, Rick last so he could tie the gap back up with some rope.

"Okay, Daryl and Alyx go up in that tower." Rick ordered, pointing to one of the tall prison towers. "Hershel and Carl in that one" He said pointing to a different one. "Everyone else line up against the fence and distract the walkers while I run to the gate to latch it up." he explained the plan furthermore. We all dispersed to our assigned spots as Rick got ready for his suicide run.

Me and Daryl jogged to our tower when he intertwined our hands and pulled me to him for a quick hug. He kissed my temple before pulling away and reloading his crossbow and my rifle. We climbed to the top of tower and exited the top door onto the balcony. We set up our weapons and gave a Rick a thumbs up, signaling we were ready.

Lori have Rick a small nod before she opened the gate and he ran out into the field full of walkers. I shot my rifle at any walkers that we're getting to close to Rick then I would like.

I heard the sounds of other people shooting the deceased corpse and the yelling of the people below us. Their screams wee getting increasingly loud and the walkers were thinning out.

Rick made it to the gate, he kicked a walker in the stomach and lathed the gate to the fence so it wouldn't open. He then ran to another prison tower and scurried up the steps.

"Light it up!" Daryl shouted to everyone, twirling his finger in the air. We finished killing all the walkers and a series of happy shouts echoed throughout the prison field.

*-*-*

I am very sorry for not updating I'm so long, Christmaaasss is important ok

1)Is this their new safe haven?

2) are you happy with Daryl and Alyx's relationship?

3) Why hasn't Alyx told Daryl about what happened with her yet?