13

[ 13

[ 13. JEALOUSY]

The talk went on about a little more, while you stayed silent. You didn't really had something to say.

A good looking man  with a mustache bursted through the door with a short woman behind him.

"Sorry we are late everyone!" The man said and threw his hands in the air.

Mako almost choked with his food. "Varrick!" Bolin gasped, widening with eyes. Who was this man?

"What are you doing here?" Asami asked surprised, when the man sat next to her.

"Great question Asami! I mean what are any of us doing here? Wow, Food for thought. " He asked rhetorically. "Any who, how's our company doing?"

"You mean my company? Future industries reverted back to me after you plotted to abduct the president!" Asami angrily said and crossed her arms.

"Allegedly, plotted to abduct the president. Never convicted" Varrick corrected her.

"Uh that's because you escaped prison" Mako spoke up.

"No, the universe decided to set me free. So, I looked at my old friend Suyin here, pitched her a few ideas and bam!! We are in business together!" Varrick explained.

"Varrick's heading up my new technology division", Suyin stated.

"I've seen the future and the future is magnets! Wait, I don't think I've met you?" Varrick said and looked at you, raising an eyebrow.

"No, you haven't. I am y/n, I joined team avatar recently" you explained and he shook your hand.

"Nice to meet you Y/n! Well, as I was saying, I'm working on a high-speed rail that'll revolutionize transportation and shipping as we know it. But that's not all! I'm- "

"All right enough!" Lin angrily yelled and stood up. "I'm trying to keep the Avatar safe and you're harboring a criminal?!"

"Ease up Lin. Sure, Varrick's made a few mistakes in his past but that doesn't mean he should pay for it the rest of his life. My chef was a pirate, but now he is a culinary master! People change.." Su said. She actually had a good point.

"You haven't!" Lin yelled and walked out of the room, tossing her chair away. Then she slammed the door and you jumbed at the sound.

-
After the scene, you all decided to go straight to your rooms. You were sharing a room with Asami, even if Suyin said they were plenty empty guest rooms. I guess you both wanted some company.

"soo.. Mako." Asami started talking, when you were in the bathroom, in front of the mirror.
You had just finished brushing your teeth and Asami was taking off her make up.

"Yeah, what about him?" You asked, putting your hair up.

"I don't know, but something is going on between you guys" Asami said and smirked.

"Wh-what? No, no, nothing is going on. We just met a few days ago" You reassured her and laughed nervously.

"Okay and? Mako is totally into you. Have you noticed the way he looks at you? Like you are the only person in the room"

"really? I- I mean, that-that's not.. true" You denied, shaking your head and you felt your cheeks heat up.

"Also, he got so jealous today, when you met Huan. Oh! And when you left, this evening, to hang out with Huan, he wouldn't shut up about you." Asami chuckled and you frowned.

"What did he say exactly?"

"Y/n deserves someone better. Why would she even want to spend time with that dumb guy Huan? And his stupid metal structures! They aren't even nice!" Asami did her best to impersonate Mako and you laughed at her attempt.

"He really said all those things? Wow..  But how are you so sure he likes me?" You asked, trying to play it cool even though you were dying to know.

"I've known Mako for a long time. We even used to date-

"You dated Mako?!" you gasped and widened your eyes. You felt somehow  jealous but decided to brush it off.

"Yes, it's complicated. He dated Korra too-"

"What?! Oh my spirits" You said and laughed awkwardly. The feeling of jealousy grew fast.

"Stop cutting me off, please! Okay, so as I was saying, yes, Korra and I both dated Mako and it obviously didn't work out. You have nothing to worry about, all that was in the past. My point is, I know Mako very well and I'm a hundred percent sure that he likes you. A lot." Asami said and kept smiling.

"fine! He might like me. But we don't know for sure.." You mumbled and shrugged.

"The real question is... do you like him?" Asami asked, smirking. You didn't know. Did you like him?