Chapter Seventeen

"What?" Camila pulled away from my right side, her chocolate eyes even darker than they usually were. "But, but-"

"You don't like me Camila, you feel sorry for me," I talked over her absent stuttering. "That kiss was in attempt to make me feel better about this whole screwed up situation, but you honestly just made it worse."

 "No. No, no," Camila kept repeating the short words as she lifted her right hand up and lightly traced over my crossing marks. "No that's not it, at all Lauren."

I flinched my head away so she was no longer touching me, "I feel lightheaded. Can you please go downstairs and let me nap?"

She wanted to fight back, I could see it in her eyes. Instead, she just nodded in agreement before exiting my bedroom- and everything went back to normal.

Sort of.

*

Many months had passed since our strange encounter, and I had succeeded in ignoring Camila in every sort of way. If everyone left and it was just us two, I would leave as well. If Camila would even attempt to speak to me, I'd think of an excuse for her not too. 

In simpler terms: I was over Camila Cabello.

Life immediately got easier for me when I finally admitted that to myself. My anxiety attacks didn't occur as much as they did, shows and interviews went smoother, and I could talk to everyone without feeling lost and confused. However, I could always feel someone's eyes on me- but I still haven't figured out who. Almost as if they're watching my every move. 

"And Lauren," the interviewer cleared his throat, obviously knowing I was out of it. "If you could get a tattoo, what would it be?"

"Tattoo? Wow, that's hard since it'll be there for my whole life," I joked which lead the male to throw his head back with laughter. "I'd have to say-"

"I think Lauren once told me she would get a dragonfly," Camila popped in from the end of our seating line and made all heads in the small audience turn to her. "I think. Am I right, Laur?"

I was pretty shocked. One for Camila interrupting so quickly, and two for how well she had remembered, because it was in fact true. I made eye contact with the interviewer again, "Yeah, she's right. A dragonfly, but I'm not exactly sure where yet."

"Any special reason?"

"Not really, it just seems like a special animal to me. So sweet and beautiful when it comes to nature," I shrugged before pulling down my sleeve slightly to reveal a tiny Sharpie image of indeed, a dragonfly. "Also I feel they're so simple to draw."

"Splendid," the man smiled and then swerved his eyes to Camila. "So Camila, we've got a question for you based off of your fans. You up for it?"

There was an obvious hesitation in her voice, "Sure, why not."

I watched closely as Dinah placed a light hand over Camila's hand that was positioned on her thigh and patted it reassuringly.

The interviewer tucked his cards with the previous questions into his back pocket, "So, about five months ago, you were rumored to have been seeing the pop sensation, Austin Mahone."

Mixed calls of cheers and sorrowful boos were spread throughout the viewing group. 

"In a recent interview, Austin admittedly told the interviewer that if he had a second chance with you, he would definitely take it," the male raised his eyebrows. "Now it's your turn. Do you believe in this second chance?"

There were some gasps that aroused as Camila's cheeks burned to a light pink. 

"I mean," she coughed once her tone cracked higher. "It's something I would probably sleep on."