I Would Never

Dear New Reader!

Thank you for deciding to try my book. I'm so honored. Just have to emphasize that you start with EMPEROR AND I, as this is a sequel. Your mind will become marshmallow if you try to read this without reading the other, first. There are so many characters, and it's essential to know their back story.

To the older readers, I know it's now the second year reading this book. So you might have forgotten some stuff. Don't be shy to ask for clarification if unsure about something or find yourself confused; I will even give a chapter reference

:)

Enjoy!
______________________

Chapter 1

Commoner Li Lian
Princess Le-anne
The palace

Is there anything in your life that you have ever taken for granted? Was it something that you didn't know you cared for until you were at the brink of losing it? These were the questions that were about to cross Li Lian's mind on this fateful night.

Li Lian couldn't catch her breath as she wrestled with the chains. She was on her third trial of having the locks broken. Here she was in front of the steel gates that would set the Furia prisoners free, yet she was there to set the people of Huticah free. It didn't make sense to her either.

She wanted to run to the next dungeon cell and have her Huticah people go. But yet, she couldn't have her feet run there. The whimpering of pain that came from the Furian prisoners was making her lose her sanity. She couldn't bear to have them locked up there any moment longer. It was like the pain of these people was hers too.

"Please, please set us free!" They all lowly mumbled looking at her with hope. "Oh, our savior has come." The place was dark, so she relied on the guard who held the lamp for her. He was part of the rescuing team she came with.

"Your Highness, sorry to intrude but we are opening the wrong gate. The people in this dungeon cell are from Furia." He tried to gently correct her.

"I know." General Feng told her time and time again before they left that she must open the back gate for the Huticah people. "I figured we could rescue them both."

"But Your Highness, time is not on our side. The Nevorian reinforcements will be here at any moment, and in that case our military won't be able to hold them back."

"Will you keep it quiet? You are distracting me."

She was almost there. One, two, three and she did it! The lock opened. Quickly, she untangled the chains and opened the gate.

"We are free!"

"Thank you for having us free. Furia women are mighty." She is not from Furia though.

"Our queen came to our rescue."

What were they saying? She was no queen of theirs. "If you don't want to find yourself back inside you better start running," she smiled shyly. Some bundled her into a hug, excited to have their freedom back.

She quickly picked her tools and ran over to the back, the escorting guard right behind. Inside the back dungeon cell was about twenty prisoners, the Furian prisoners were far less. This place reeked of human waste compared to the other. Nevoria hated Huticah than Furia, thus they were probably not allowed to relieve themselves outside their dungeon cell. Imagine having to sleep and eat by your waste. They were locked up to rot.

'Yuwen Hong, you are really the devil, aren't you?' These people did nothing to him and he had them live such inhuman lives.

"About time someone shows up," one of the people behind bars grumbled. Difference between the Huticah people and Furians? Gratitude. The latter were not self entitled idiots.