1

Tiredly Jungkook walks into school, he really shouldn't have binge watched that new anime, he cam barely keep his eyes over and it's only his second week at university. He knows he needs to focus on studying.

Not paying attention to his surroundings he bumps into someone, lazily looking up he looks at his friend who's softly shaking his head.

"Jimin why are you blocking my way? Class is starting." He says, rubbing his eyes tiredly.

"You look horrible, you need to take school more seriously!" Jimin sighs, stepping aside to walk to class together. "My friend who I've been telling you about is coming to class now, he's staring two weeks late."

Jimin mutters but Jungkook isn't paying attention, too busy with not falling asleep mid step. He should've gotten a coffee or an energy drink but he really didn't have time. He had snoozed his alarm one too many times and had to run too be in time.

Walking into the large lecture room the two seat in their usual spot, five more minutes left till class starts.

Tiredly dozing off he finds himself contemplating to get up and go back home, he's too tired to learn anything anyway but Jimin would get mad at him.

Not that Jimin could stop him, Jungkook is twice as strong and way taller.

The sweet smell of tulips enters his nose, only for him to look up and see a girl in her class rush over to ask someone for scent blocker. Seeing she forgot hers.

"I get so stressed when I forget my blocker." The shorter alpha mutters, leaning back in his seat. "An alpha not on scent blocker just gives up really douchy vibes, like we get it you're an alpha now let me live my life."

Jungkook chuckles.

"But you are douchy." Jungkook mutters, the smell of the girl lingering in his nose. His wolf inside howling at him.

"You're mean." The elder alpha mutters before crossing his arms. "Any if one of us is dick-ish it's you, with your bulging muscles and short sleeved shirts."

"I'm not going to apologise for being an alpha."

"I'm an alpha but you don't see me flexing my muscles every chance I get, or growing ridiculously tall."

Jungkook scoffs. "Tall? I'm not even that tall you're just short."

"You'll be dead if you keep talking to me like that." Jimin says causing the younger to chuckle, only for their attention to be shifted towards the front of the class.

A tall boy entering the class only for Jimin to smile widely. "Namjoon!"

The brunette's head turn to where his voice is called and smiles. Making his way over Jungkook finds himself observing the man. He's tall and could be an alpha, yet he gives off an entirely different vibe, a beta maybe?

"Namjoon meet Jungkook, he and I met last year." Jimin introduces him and he smiles up at the tall new comer.

"Nice to meet you Jungkook."

"Likewise." Jungkook says, shaking the man's hand before frowning a little but is quickly to hide it, unfortunately not quick enough.

"Ah, you noticed." Namjoon smiles kindly. "Yes I do not look like an omega, but I really am one."

"Mhm." Jimin says. "He used to go to this all omega university but he and his friends got kicked off and transferred here, hence why they start late."

"Oh that's why I haven't seen you all year last year." Jungkook points out only for the omega to nod. "Yes, but luckily I know Jimin so I didn't have to start here on my own."

"I'm going to sit with my friend, who should be here soon. See you at lunch Min?" The short alpha nods and they say their goodbyes and watch the omega move a few rows down to take a seat.

"Kicked off? How? He seems so calm."

"He is, but his friends are troublemakers." Jimin whispers and as if one que another omega walks in. Jungkook turns to have a look, watching the man approach Namjoon with wide eyes.

He might even have stopped breathing and his heart his beating rapidly in his chest.

"T-Taehyung?"

One day about five years ago, Taehyung — Jungkook's best friend at the time— turned sixteen and started presenting. Fangs growing and training hard. But fairly quickly Taehyung started avoiding him, not wanting to hang out anymore and one day right before Taehyung's seventeenth birthday the stopped hanging out.

He had always wondered what he had done wrong, though he was only fifteen and had plenty of friends to play with so slowly he kind of forget about his old best friend.

He hadn't expected to see him ever again, he of course had been sad. They had many plans for the future, how they'd become big bad alpha's together.

"You know him?" Jimin asks, interrupt his trip down memory lane. "Y-yes, he used to be my best friend but..."

"But what?"

Before Jimin's question can be answered the teacher enters the room, apologise for being a few minutes late.

But Jungkook isn't listening, he seated with wide eyes. Staring down at his notebook in disbelief. All those years he thought Taehyung didn't want to be friends anymore because he had done something wrong but now suddenly he's rethinking everything.

All the promises they made to each other, promises of what they'd do when they were to become alpha's together. Dreams and plans of what they'd do with their lives.

Maybe it wasn't Jungkook's fault Taehyung stopped seeing him.

Maybe Taehyung didn't want to see him anymore because he had to break his promises, shatter their dreams and cancel their plans.

Because Taehyung presented as an omega.