Training Camp - Start

The police had questioned him about the incident with Shigaraki at the mall.  He cursed himself for letting Uraraka tell the police, he didn't want to talk about what happened.

The detective that interviewed him had a lie detecting quirk, which made things a little difficult.  However, Izuku had always prepared for this type of situation.  Talk around the wolf parts.

The next couple of days were uneasy as he waited for the training camp.  Was that where Shigaraki would execute his plans?

Thankfully enough, the full moon was not going to appear during his time at the camp.  That would be a disaster.  If Shigaraki did have a plan for the camp, he couldn't use the full moon against him.  What is his plan?  Izuku's skin crawled at the thought of it.  "Have you ever killed anyone as a wolf before?"  Shigaraki's words rang in his ears.  He shuddered.

Uraraka kept a close eye on him after the incident, presumably because she was worried about him.  It bothered her that Izuku seemed to brush off the incident like it was nothing.  He knew Shigaraki wasn't going to kill him.  He was part of the plan, right?

But, since she was watching, Izuku feared she would notice there wasn't any bruising on his neck from being choked.  His healing made sure to take care of that.  So, he swallowed his embarrassment and wore bandages around his neck for a couple days, just in case she noticed.

Everyone in class knew about what happened, so they didn't bother him about it.  He noticed that when he talked with people, their eyes would glance at the bandages.  Izuku imagined Bakugou ripping them off and calling him a liar again.

His was glad to finally take them off the day they left for the training camp.

They got to the camp a lot later in the day then he expected, mostly because Aizawa had made them fight through the forest to find their way there.  The feeling of the forest around him, the sound of the birds, the crunch of the leaves and twigs beneath his feet.  Izuku felt at home.  He was content, and he wondered for a brief moment if he was always meant to be here.  Stay in the forest forever.  He brushed the thought away and steeled himself for the gruesome training he was about to endure.

The training was intense, but Izuku could handle it.  He had endured far worse before.  The feeling of unease didn't leave his stomach, though.

Izuku meet a little boy named Kota.  He was closed off, and Izuku felt sorry for him.

The class went to the hot springs after training to clean up, and Izuku dreaded it.  He didn't want people to see all of his scars.  The most notable one was on his forearm, the one his father gave him.  He hadn't shown the class yet, always managing to wear a compression sleeve if he was wearing short sleeves.  Iida, Uraraka, Bakugou and Todoroki knew, and that was already too many in his opinion.  Even All Might didn't know.

He bit his lip in frustration as he undressed.  He was the last one to go out, and luckily, mostly everyone wasn't paying attention.  Iida cast him a worried glance, but Izuku smiled and shrugged him off.  He quickly shuffled to the water and sunk beneath it, the water rising over his shoulders.

Izuku closed his eyes and relaxed.

"Midoriya!"

Izuku jumped in surprise, his eyes flying open.  Kaminari was there.

"W-What?"

"Just wanted to scare you!" he chuckled.

Izuku laughed nervously, he didn't find it very funny.