Chapter 1

Chapter 1 of MICF. Happy Reading and stay safe! :D

~ ~ ~

"Sakusa, have you heard of the rumor in school?"

Komori calls his bestfriend who happens to have a sour face. It seems like Sakusa almost dropped his tray of food because of Komori's call.

"What is it now, Komori?" He asked nonchalantly. Though the only reason why he wants to hear it is because it might get on his way.

"There is a rumor about a ghost lady haunting our school..." His bestfriend rambles. Sakusa arched a brow on what he just heard, of all things, it has to be a ghost. "You would only see her at midnight though, and if she sees you she's gonna ask if you know where her body is, and if she's not satisfied with your answer, she will haunt you in your dreams." Komori let out a shaky sigh, everyone was talking about it so who wouldn't be scared.

"Then just tell her that I don't care, I don't know, and I don't have any business with you." Sakusa simply said and started eating his lunch.

Komori just stared at him with a weird look. To think that he is either confident or rather realistic or somewhere in between. With a helpless sigh, both boys ate lunch silently.

~ ~ ~

When their classes ended, (Y/N) had been roaming around the academy and she saw that the men's volleyball team was staying up later than usual for practice. It's true she has decided to look around this school, very interested in why they are being called one of the powerhouse schools in Tokyo. Maybe that's the reason why she decided to stay in Itachiyama Academy for a while. She decided to check the powerhouse team of volleyball through the window. Afterall, She is intrigued by watching sports even back then.

So she watched the whole practice, amazed especially by the ace of the team. She did recognize two of them, the ace and the libero of the team. Back when she was roaming around in the streets of Tokyo, she did see them on an article being the top aces and liberos in Japan. Even though She forgot their names, to be able to see them play must be every fan's dream. This is definitely what you call a powerhouse. She didn't notice how long she watched until they stopped playing.

While they were packing up, she noticed a certain ace left a box in the bench that he must have not noticed.

It was a box of facemask, she has her sweatdrop thinking why would someone bring a whole box of facemasks to school.

She followed the man going home, Sakusa feels rather he's being watched because he feels the shivers from his skin down to his nerves. Then he remembered Komori's words about their school rumor. He is rather interested in it now, though a while ago he doesn't even care.

~ ~ ~

When he got home, he waited for the clock to strike at midnight. The moment it strikes to 12, he said the words

"I know you followed me."

Silence.

Until he heard giggles and finally revealed herself, making poor Sakusa scared and grabbed the nearest insect killer, spraying it to the ghost girl who happens to be unaffected with his actions.

"Might wanna use a different type of killing spray?"

She finally revealed herself, her pale skin, (E/C) orbs, and her (H/C) haired tied into a beautiful braid. She looks the same age as Sakusa, but her clothes are back from middle school, though why doesn't she look scary? For a woman, it somehow reached his standards.

That's only a side note for a first expression though.

"Ow ow ow! my arm burns.." She mutters, Sakusa's arm starts to feel a painful sensation as well. They both stared at their arm, and then stared at each other. A scream escaped both of their lips.

"My soulmate is dead and a ghost??" Sakusa out mindedly said.

"mY SOULMATE IS AN ACE THAT LOOKS LIKE A PLAYBOY?" she shouts, making Sakusa show his judgmental face and hearing an apology from the ghost afterwards.

There was silence until he broke it up by asking her if she is the ghost of Itachiyama Academy. "Now I'm a famous rumor. This happens a lot when people just don't see you." She lets out a sigh.

"But seriously, I think the people are exaggerating about my existence. I never asked if they know where my body is, it's all lies." she sighs again, a hint of exasperation in her voice. Sakusa may not show, but he feels the pity of his own ghost soulmate.

"And I think how you think of your soulmate is also an exaggeration." Sakusa sighs, thinking how he will deal with this ghost for the rest of his life. With (Y/N) hearing this, she lets out a hearty laugh, growing some interest with her soulmate.

She did take a look at her soulmate beside her. It's a shame that he always uses facemasks to cover such flawless and hot face. His body is definitely in a perfect shape, (Y/N) felt her saliva drop.

Just kidding, (Y/N) thinks to herself.

His raven black wavy hair happened to be a bonus, making her think that he was a playboy.

Overall features, Good enough for (Y/N), but his attitude needs some work.

"Got a name?" (Y/N) asked, as she sits on the edge of his bed.

"Sakusa Kiyoomi. How about you?" He replied, his judgemental stares still plastered on his face.

"My name is (Y/N) (L/N). I am your friendly neighborhood ghost. nice to meet you, Omi-kun!" She smiled, and went closer to him which made Sakusa do his instincts again.

Ah, the night will feel long for them.

~ ~ ~

Chapter 1 finished editing. There might be second time editing if I have more time (hopefully). Stay tuned for Chapter 2, See you again and stay safe! ❤️