Chapter 3

Recap:
Hailie"
I quickly looked up at my oldest brother trying to avoid eye contact.
"Why aren't you eating" mason asked
"I don't have much of an appetite" I responded shyly, almost in a whisper.
"Well Hailie, since you are living here now, something are going to change."
____________________________________
⚠️ TW: Eating Disorder ⚠️ -I don't know if this is a trigger or not, but I don't want mentions of and ED to hurt any of you

"So you are going to eat whether you like it or not. It's not like your full or anything. So eat." Mason said Coldly.
I don't know why I was being so bold, but the memories just got to me... I would always act confident when I wanted to cry. That's how I would hide my deepest secrets.
"No." I answer back in the same cold tone that he gave me.
"Hailie" he warned in a threatening voice.
"Mason" I reply back with no emotion.
I guess he didn't see that coming. He closed his eyes, and sighed deeply.
"Hailie go to your room. Now." He said the last part in the same dark tone I was all too familiar with. I immediately flinched and put my head down.
"Sorry" I said with a low tone.
I could feel five pairs of eyes staring holes into the back of my head. I cursed myself for being so stupid, and closed my eyes tight.

"Why did I say that! I already did this with Alex! Now they're even more suspicious!" I mentally cursed myself, and when I had the courage to open my eyes and look up again, I saw all my brothers looking at me with confusion. Even Mason. "Oh god... what have I done..."
"Hailie... is there something you would like to tell us?" Mason said to me.
"I'll go to my room now." I quickly got up and made a dash to my room. I softly closed and locked the door behind me. Yet I didn't feel safe. I slowly fell to the ground and cried. I cried for what felt like hours. I finally calmed down and went to the bathroom. I saw my reflection and gasped. My eyes were red and puffy, and my cheeks had tear stains on them. I quickly washed my face and changed my clothes into some sweat pants and a loose T-Shirt (which was a gift from Will, Xander and Cole) I got into bed and prayed that I wouldn't have a nightmare so my brothers could leave me alone.

Oh how wrong I was.

I woke up with someone shaking me. I felt water on my cheeks which I realized was tears. I noticed that there wasn't just one brother in my room, but three. Xander holding my feet, Cole holding down my arms, and Alex was the one shaking me.
"I don't know Mason. She was screaming and kicking and punching and shit. We didn't know what to do" I heard Will's voice outside the door and realized that I had bothered Mason and woken everyone up. I mentally facepalmed my self and took a big breath of air to try and calm myself. My door opened to reveal will and Mason. I immediately put my head down and scooted up on the bed when the boys let go of me.

I felt the bed sink in towards my feet and felt 2 finger grip my chin. Which I immediately flinched at, since Daniel used to do that when he would forcefully kiss me... This didn't go unnoticed by Mason who was
Holding my face.

"Hailie, what are you so afraid of?" Mason asked when he noticed the fear and panic in my eyes. I immediately put my head down, surprised that he let me go. I didn't respond and I heard Cole talk.
"Oh come on Hailie! Are you going to say that was nothing! You pretty much just had a fucking seizure!" He said angrily. All my brothers looked at him, then me.

"Everyone out!" Mason said coldly to my brothers. For once I was glad for his authority. If I was going to admit anything today... I didn't want all my brothers there. Mason turned back to me and took a deep breath.
"Hailie, we want to help you, but you have to tell me what's going on..."
I shook my head as my eyes stung with unshed tears.
Mason signed again.
"Fine. Then we can take your to the hospital Hailie. Don't think we haven't noticed that bruise of yours, and how you flinch at everything."
My eyes immediately widened.
"You wouldn't..."
"I would"

I looked back down not even bothering to stop the tears. I hated hospitals so much. That's where I watched my mom die... that's where I watched her suffer in pain.
I started to sob and I don't know why... but I suddenly jumped into Masons arms and just cried.
"H-he... I-I'm s-sorry.... It h-hurt...." I barely managed to get the words out as I just sobbed into his chest. Mason rubbed soothing circles into my back as I just clinged on to him for deaf life.

When I finally finished crying, I let go of him and wiped any remaining tears with my sleeve.
"Hailie..." Mason started much softer than before, "can you tell me what your so afraid of?" He said looking directly in my eyes.
This stupid eyes made me want to tell him anything and everything. He was my brother after all.
"H-he...." I stopped not wanting to spill my best kept secrets.
"Please Hailie... we're here to help you..."
I knew Mason was just saying this to make me tell him. Not because he cared. But still... what if he did care.
"Hailie, I need to know who you're talking about. Who's 'he?'"
I got chills at the memories of him, but I had to get this off my chest. I can't keep it any longer. I've kept the secret for ten years!

Ten years of pain, struggling, cuts, wounds, crying, and depression. I couldn't just spill it so easily.... but at the same time, I just wanted to share it all and be done with my stupid past! I took a deep breath and shared my story.

⚠️ Mentions of abuse and rape ⚠️

"Well, you know that I had a step father that took care of me when my- our mom died. That was ten years ago. But he never took the greatest care of me. He would always blame me for our moms death and would always yell at me. Then it started to get bad. He would come home drunk and throw things against the wall and I could get really scared. Then when I was around 5, he started to hit me..." I stopped for a second to look at Mason since I could feel the tension in the air. His jaw was clenched tightly, and his hazel eyes were now a dark brown. I quickly looked back down, and contributed my story.

"Um then he continued to hit, throw and kick at me." I stopped. I didn't want to continue. I didn't want to say the other horrible things he did to me and said to me. I looked at Mason and saw that his jaw was so tightly clenched that I thought it would break. His hand was in a fist, and his eyes were almost black.
You could say I was scared shitless.

"Hailie... I need you to be honest with me ok?"
"O-ok..."
"Did..." he hesitated "did Daniel ever do anything else to you? Did he ever.... touch you?"
I looked down and my eyes were burning holes into the ground. He repeated the question again.
I continued to look at the ground but I also didn't want to upset Mason. He was Mason after all...
So I gave such a small nod, I would be surprised if he would notice it. But he did, as he took a big breath and the vein in his neck popped out.
"Hailie... did Daniel ever..."

I knew exactly what he meant. I didn't want to make him say it. He already knew how broken and useless I was. I couldn't be the sweet, innocent, perfect little sister they wanted. I had to be the burden who only brought them heartache and sadness.

I nodded, and I felt tears sting my eyes. I started to cry again as the memories of it all came back. I hated the way he touched me, invaded me. I hated that he could just use my body as he pleased. I hated that I couldn't do anything about it. I hated that he had total power of me. I hated that I let him. I would never forgive myself for that.

For the second time that day, I hugged Mason. I hugged him much tighter than before, and cried my heart out into his shoulder. Mason was rubbing soothing circles into my back, and running a hand through my hair.

"Don't worry Hailie. No one will ever hurt you again."