Chapter 15

Draco was the first to get up the next morning, and he thought he would do something nice for Hermione since she was bound to be at least a little hungover. He got himself dressed and washed his face before walking to the nearest cafe and buying her some breakfast and coffee. By the time he got back to the room, he had noticed that she was out of bed and that the shower was running. He could hear her humming in the shower and smiled to himself. It sounded wonderful. 

He walked closer to the door and heard the shower cut off. 

"Hermione, it's just me. I went and got some coffee and breakfast." 

"I'll be right out. Thank you." 

Draco sat down on the couch and waited patiently for Hermione to come out. She soon opened the door, and Draco smiled. She had on a white sundress, and her hair was still wet, making the curls fall straighter than normal. He thought she might be the most beautiful girl that he had ever seen. 

Hermione sat down next to him and picked up one of the cups of coffee, taking a sip and smiling. She felt loads better now that she had showered and was having coffee. Significantly better than she had when she had woken up. 

"What were you thinking of doing today?" Draco asked, picking up the scone that he had purchased for himself.

"Well, I might go to the beach and then wander around the town a bit. What about you?" Hermione didn't want Draco to feel like they had to do everything together this entire week. 

"I wasn't really sure that is why I asked you," Draco wasn't sure if that meant she didn't want him to come or not. He just drank his coffee and hoped she would say something that would clarify the situation. 

"You could join me if you wanted to. I didn't want you to think that you couldn't go off and do something you wanted." Hermione smiled at him, and he smiled back. He liked spending time with her and would want to until she didn't want him to. 

"I would like that," Draco had no idea what else to say, so he just finished his coffee and went into the bathroom to shower and put on his bathing suit. Hermione heard the shower running quickly, put hers on as well, and then put the sundress she had on before over it. She packed a bag and then picked up the book she had been reading and sat down to wait for Draco. 

She was almost done with an entire chapter by the time that he had come back out and was ready to go. 

"You know, you take the longest shower of anyone I have ever met," Hermione said with a giggle.

"I like to be clean," Draco shot back with a smile. 

"Draco, I hardly ever see you get dirty; how are you not already clean?"

"Well, you never know where those other people from the club were. Plus, I have been dirty countless times playing quidditch."

Hermione looked at the group that they had been passing to see if anyone had heard them, but they didn't look like they had, so she focused back on the conversation. 

"You know I heard you humming in the shower when I got back. Any chance that you sing as well?" Draco had been curious since he heard her humming. He loved to listen to people sing. His mother used to sing to him all the time when he was younger. 

"Sometimes," Hermione blushed. She didn't sing for anyone. Ever. 

"Could I hear sometime?"

"I'm not sure; I don't normally sing for people."

"Not, even more, me?" Draco bumped into her and smiled as he said it, and she blushed even harder. Why was he doing this to her? What was going on with them?