CHAPTER THREE☑️

dedicated to smolderholders because i love her stories!

THREE | UNWANTED GUESTS

There was a crash heard above the vampires, causing Elena and Arabella to jump and tense.

"What was that?" Elena asked, her voice shaking just a bit.

"I don't know," Rose replied.

"Who else is in this house?" Elijah demanded.

"I don't know!" Rose said, her voice rising a bit.

Elijah gripped Arabella's arm roughly, along with Elena's arm (who was quivering more than the rest of them).

"Relax, it's probably nothing," Arabella remarked. Elijah didn't listen to his sister. He didn't exactly trust Arabella to tell the truth.

"Let go of my bloody arm Elijah," Arabella demanded.

A vampire sped by, Arabella tensed, thinking she recognized the vampire in its quick speed. Elijah noticed her stiff posture; no one else did. Elijah let go of the two girls, but kept Arabella by his side while he, rather harshly, threw Elena to Rose.

Another vampire flew by, causing Arabella to go rigid. She also recognized the vampire, but she honestly was hoping that it was in her imagination. Arabella hoped these people, important people from her past, were not who she thought they were.

"Rose," Elijah said lowly, looking at his sister's posture. He suspected that Arabella knew something.

"I don't know who it is," she remarked, her voice quivering in fear.

A vampire flew by Rose and Elena, causing Arabella to take in a sharp breath.

"Goodness," murmured Arabella.

"Up here," a voice called. Arabella tensed, the voice was familiar.

Elijah vamp-sped up to the platform just where the stairs started.

"Down here," another called. Again, Arabella recognized the voice. Only, it made her more confused. The two of them were there?

Soon after, a wooden stake went through Elijah's hand. Except, the unknown vampires' plan backfired because Elijah was able to pull it out with ease. Yet, when he turned back, the three girls were gone. Elena with Stefan Salvatore, Rose and Arabella with Damon Salvatore.

Damon saw Arabella's face and his cold-stone face soon warmed. As for Arabella? She suppressed the urge to spit in his hand that was currently pressed against her lips.

"Excuse me," Elijah called out to the air, wanting to notify the two people who had taken Elena and Arabella. "To whom it may concern, you're making a great mistake if you think that you can beat me—you can't." Arabella rolled her eyes at Elijah's arrogance.

"I repeat, you cannot beat me," Elijah stated confidently. There was a sound of breaking wood and Arabella grimaced. He was breaking something, perhaps getting ready to kill someone. "So I want the girls on the count of three or heads will roll. And Arabella, let's not play hide-and-seek this time," Elijah announced.

Arabella snorted quietly and rolled her eyes.

"I'll come with you," said a girlish voice. Arabella noticed it was Elena's and she couldn't help but wonder what the hell was happening.

"Just please don't hurt my friends, they just wanted to help me out," she begged.

"Ah yes, but you see. I need my dear sister, I have people waiting to see her. Arabella! You know I've always hated it when you played hide-and-seek. Be a good girl and come out wherever you are," Elijah called, a small smirk plastered on his handsome face.