Chapter 5:

Shelly

"Son in law!" My mom exclaimed hugging Kaine as we walked into the house. I sucked my teeth, how she just gonna skip right pass me, her own daughter.

"Don't be jealous moms love me more." Kaine said after they broke apart.

"Whatever." I said heading into the living room ignoring them.

"Hey dad." I said smiling sitting next to him. He smiled wrapping his arm around my shoulder pulling me closer to him.

"My favorite girl." He said kissing my forehead.

"At least I'm still somebody's favorite."

"Girl you ain't too grown to get a old school ass whooping." My mom said making me laugh.

"What's up Pops?" Kaine said holding his fist out towards dad.

"Pull out them blunts boy, I know you got a few rolled up already." Dad said. I rolled my eyes as Kaine laughed.

They're always smoking together. I smoke sometimes with Kaine, but I am not okay with smoking with my dad.

"Nick what did I tell you and Kaleb about that smoking shit. Y'all need to stop. You too Nichelle, don't think I don't know. You gonna need to stop while trying to get pregnant, you know I need my grandbabies."

"Mom ain't nobody trying to get pregnant, the hell?"

Ever since mom met Kaine a little over a year ago. Grandbabies is all she talks about. Kaine looked at her like she was crazy the first couple of times. Luckily me and Kaine feel the same about kids, we wanna wait a few years, no reason to rush. Now it's so common for my mom to say something about babies that Kaine doesn't even bat an eyelash. Which didn't surprise me that he sat there unfazed right now.

"Well I need babies."

"That's our cue, come on Kaine lets go out back to-, talk." My dad said as him and Kaine stood up. Lying asses going to smoke. I could use a smoke right now.

*

"Shelly you done changed ya outfit five fuckin times already!" Kaine exclaimed from the bed where he watched me go back and forth from my closet to the mirror.

We came back to my small condo after leaving my mom's house because I didn't feel I was dressed right to meet his mom.

"I don't have anything to wear. Maybe I shouldn't go, I can't go." I whined.

"All them fuckin clothes in there Nichelle! You look fine with that on. Stay casual we ain't going nowhere fancy."

I nodded thinking back to me and Chanel's conversation on the phone this morning. She told me I had no worries and that she would be there.

I sighed fixing my clothes. I could do this.

"Okay, lets go. Wait, does this make me look bigger, I know I already got thighs ass and a small stomach, but-"

"Lord," I turned to Kaine who had one hand palming his face. "This is my baby, but I am so close to slapping the shit outta her. Hell no Shelly, ain't shit wrong with ya body bruh. Cut the insecure shit, it's pissing me the fuck off." He snapped standing up walking out the room.

"Okay." I mumbled to myself.

*

"Why you being so quiet?" Kaine asked as we pulled up in front of his parents house. It was big, I like, no love it.

"Nothing." I mumbled. I honestly was in my feelings about what Kaine said, because he was right.

"You mad at me?" He asked as he opened the passengers door for me but stood between my legs.

I shook my head. "No."

"Yeah, you are. Look I ain't mean to snap at you I'm just sick and tired of you downing ya self. I love it." He said grabbing my thighs. "I'ma need you to love it the same."

I nodded wrapping my arms around his neck. "I love you Kaleb." I say against his mouth kissing him.

"I love you too Nichelle. Let's get back in the car real quick so you can sit on daddy's di-" I slap his head laughing.

"Why you always gotta ruin the moment by being an ass?" I ask stepping out the car.

"Oh well, you fuckin love it." I rolled my eyes as we walked into the house.

"Sister!" Karma said hugging me as we walked inside.

"Hell you doing here?" Kaine asked.

"Shut up boy." She said then yelled for their mom.

"Kaine, Shelly better be with you or I'ma bust you in ya damn-" His mom said before she appeared from around the corner and noticed me. "Oh hi pretty! I'm mama, that's what you call me or we fighting."

I laughed as she came to hug me.

"You see the shit I had to go through because you wouldn't come over. I got threatened daily."

"Shut up Kaine." She said. "Come on y'all."

"Bae." Nel said standing up from Kjayy's lap to hug me.

"What's up sis." Kjayy said.

"Hey." I replied. "Where the babies?"

"In the guest room sleep." Nel said holding the baby monitor up.

"You like kids?" Mama asked.

"Love them."

"Oh okay. I was gonna say no grandbabies, but I already got three so shit." I laughed shaking my head.

"They told you I call you pretty, right?" She asked and I nodded.

"That's sweet you're pretty too." I said.

"Thank you babes. Don't my sons look just like me?"

Kaine and Kjayy scuffed. I looked around for a second as I laughed lightly. "Is this a test? Is this the one time I am suppose to lie to you."

"Hell no." Nel laughed. "She know damn well they look like dad."

"Whatever. Anyways like I was saying pretty." She said rolling her eyes.

"You ain't ever give me a nickname like pretty." Nel said laughing.

"Girl shut up. You basically lived here and like my second daughter."

"Right, would stay the night all the time and everything." Karma said.

"Mhmm, and don't think I forgot when I walked in on y'all almost having sex."

"We were not about to have sex!" Chanel exclaimed. "We were only kissing."

"With the damn door shut when I told y'all no doors shut when y'all was in the room together. And this nigga just let y'all do whatever the fuck y'all wanted when I wasn't here." She said hitting their dad as he walked in the room.

"Chill the fuck out Jazmine." He said as he pulled her into his lap after sitting down, kissing on her neck.

"Aw." Me and Nel said.

"Ain't no aw, that shit is nasty." Kaine said. I slapped his chest. "Dad this is Shelly."

"How you doing?" He leaned up holding his hand out.

I shook his hand. "That's literally the older version of y'all." I said.

"Nah, that old ass nigga wished he looked like me." Kaine said.

"Shut you light skin ass up." Their dad said.

"You light skin too nigga." Kaine said back.

I shook my head. I like their family already, I was worried for nothing.