Chapter 5:

King Coleman
Houston Texas

"what color is that?" I said while pointing at the card.

"blue i think." Kaia said while tilting her head and I nodded.

"Smart girl." I said while giving her a head shake.

"you think i'll be smarter than you?" she asked while looking up at me.

"of course you'll be the smartest person on the planet if you put your mind to it." I said while touching her temple.

"purple." she said as she flipped the next card.

"Mr. Coleman you have a visitor she was very convincing." Wilmarie my maid said from behind me.

"keep working." I whispered and pecked her on the side of her face and got up. "Where?" I asked.

"Dining room." she said and I nodded and walked to the dining room and to my surprise Tara stood there sitting I should've known when she said very convincing.

"Tara." I said and she got up.

"Kevonte." she said back as she stood up and cleared her throat.

"what are you doing here?" I asked.

"You asked me to help find Shay." she shrugged.

"yeah I did and you didn't want anything to do with her remember." I said as I stuck my hands in my pockets.

"Okay I had a good nights rest and changed my mind Damn." she mumbled as she started walking away and I followed her. " you have apple juice or some?" She asked as she made her way into my kitchen I looked at kaia to see what she was doing and she looked at me and held up her flash cards and I smiled and winked at her.

"Tara what are you really doing here?" I asked as she poured her some apple juice into a glass.

"I want to help." she shrugged.

"ion believe that you was surely-

"I know shay like the back of my hand ight you don't need to worry bout me let's worry about finding her." She snapped, I looked at kaia again and sighed.

"okay ima need all the help I can get. What are you thinking?" I asked.

"First we need to go to her parents house because if Shay really did run away it wasn't for no reason her mom or Xavier must've triggered something." She said as she sat next to me.

"I talked to her moms she said she didn't say much to her just when she left the room she was gone." I shrugged.

"and you believe that shit? let me tell you something Shay's mama is fake." Tara said as she got up and started washing out her glass.

"So what do you suggest?" I asked annoyed.

"I'll get her to talk, she'll have no choice." she said convinced.

"Von!" Zyion yelled as she walked in the kitchen.

"what Zy?" I asked.

"I've been calling your name for the past ten minutes.. what is she doing here?" she asked while pointing at Tara, and I sighed knowing they was gon get into it.