140 The Jilted Second Young Master (13)

The days Song Jia spent at Lin Yitian's mansion were very peaceful.

Lin Yitian was also behaving well recently, not having any tantrums. Wang Han almost felt that he was serving a normal second young master, who didn't have a mental illness.

At dinner, Song Jia brought over freshly cut tulips from the garden and put them inside a glass vase. Lin Yitian watched her as she placed it on the center of the dining table. The brilliant lights from the chandelier reflected on her and made her seem like an immortal fairy, elusive and ethereal.

Lin Yitian looked at her with a foolish expression. Their surroundings seemed to fade in an instant, and only she remained in his eyes.

While they were eating, Song Jia told him, "I'm going back to my family for a bit."

Clang!

The knife Lin Yitian was using to cut the wagyu beef for her dropped on the table. He looked at it in a daze before he picked it up.

"Then, I'm going with you," he said.

Song Jia shook her head. "Yitian, I won't take too long. I just need to check up on my sister, that's all."

Song Jia knew there was a reason why Lin Yitian worked at home. He was mysophobic and he didn't like to touch unclean things. People with autism were also sensitive to loud noises, bright lights, and strong smells. They had a tendency to become aggressive when they found themselves in social situations that they couldn't handle or understand. If Lin Yitian went out with her, Song Jia was afraid that it would trigger him.

Lin Yitian began to repeatedly blink. "I...I want to go with you."

Song Jia covered her hand with his. "Do you really want to? I'll only stay there for a day. I'll be back before you know it."

Lin Yitian bit his lip. He had always known that he was different from other people, but he didn't know the reason why. The last time he went out...was when he was still young. He remembered that it ended very badly. His mother had broken down in tears at the end of it.

Lin Yitian lowered his eyes as he continued to blink. His long eyelashes fluttered, moving up and down with his eyelids in a steady rhythm. He felt that the lights inside the room were too bright, and he stared at the chandelier with a fixed gaze.

"Yitian?" Song Jia frowned. "Do you really want to go with me?"

Lin Yitian looked at her and blinked. Once, twice, thrice. Then he shook his head.

"I'll wait for you to come back," he finally said.

...

Song Jia woke up in heavy darkness. She reached for her usual glass of water on the bedside table, but suddenly drew back in alarm.

There was a tall silhouette hovering over her.

"Ahhh!"

She pulled on the dangly lamp string and the bright light instantly revealed Lin Yitian's face. It took a while for her pounding heart to calm down.

Sounding confused, she asked, "Yitian?"

What was he doing inside her room? Her eyes glanced at the wall clock and saw that it was three-fifteen in the morning.

Song Jia, "..."

Song Jia's heart said: Little brother, little brother ah, you can ambush me at any time of the day, but why do you have to pick the devil's hour?

Wuwu, this was simply wanting to scare this grandma to death!

In the next moment, his warm breath heated her face, his lips inches away from hers, their foreheads touching.

Lin Yitian seriously asked her, "Jia, you'll come back?"

Song Jia, "..."

She thought hard for a minute and finally connected north and south, saying just as seriously, "I'll come back."

Lin Yitian drew away and nodded.

Song Jia creased her eyebrows and asked him, "How long have you been standing there?"

"Not long, I only came after twelve-thirty."

He actually came at twelve twenty-nine, but Lin Yitian felt that entering her room on an odd number would be wrong, so he waited outside her door until it became twelve-thirty.

Song Jia was speechless. He had been creepily staring at her for almost three hours!

"Why didn't you wake me up? Weren't you bored just staring at me?"

"Not bored, I like staring at Jia's face."

That's not the problem I was hinting at! Song Jia cried tears in her heart, she resolved herself that next time, she wouldn't forget to lock the door. She couldn't afford to provoke this midnight ghost.

"Alright, but don't do that next time, okay? Yitian, you go back to sleep, don't stay up this late again."

Lin Yitian obediently nodded. "Okay. I'll listen to you."

Finally, he left the room. Song Jia got up and locked the door, feeling a bit strange.

Did Lin Yitian not sleep at all? He actually came to her room in the middle of the night, just to ask her a single question.

Was he really that bothered that she wouldn't come back?

...

The next morning, Song Jia left.

Wang Han observed Lin Yitian, gradually feeling uneasy. These past few weeks were truly peaceful, too peaceful that the servants of the house had taken it for granted.

When Lin Yitian came down for breakfast and saw that there was only one plate, he began to blink. He didn't sit down but paced back and forth, walking from one end of the dining table to the other end again and again.

Wang Han swallowed nervously. "Second young master?"

Lin Yitian was very prone to meltdowns, so having been his side for two decades, Wang Han had long memorized the signs and symptoms that were telltales of an incoming onset. When the second young master starts to do repetitive actions, it meant that he was feeling agitated and anxious. It was his own way of calming his mind.

Finally, Lin Yitian sat down. But he barely ate anything when he suddenly grabbed the plate and threw it against the opposite wall.

Bang!

The delicate ceramic shattered into pieces. A 14th century oil painting that was hanging on the wall was scratched by some pieces of the ceramic, causing Wang Han to endlessly heartache.

One had to know, Lin Yitian liked collecting antique pieces. Most paintings in the mansion were from the late medieval ages, and a relative few were done by famous ancient Chinese painters, like Gu Kaizhi.