Chapter 28 : To Protect

"YOU MEAN, CANARY LIKES DAVIS?"

Sabay-sabay silang tumango. Napatakip ako sa bibig.

"So when Canary said she's interested in someone else, she meant Davis?"

They nodded again. We are currently in a café. They are sitting, sipping on their drinks while I was flabbergasted and pacing back and forth in front of them.

"I seriously don't know what she saw in Davis," Luca muttered.

"Well, she likes aloof guys, Luca. Not someone like you." I countered and he gave me an incredulous look. I heard Levi chuckled.

Just what on earth happened? And I can't believe I got so annoyed at her earlier-

I didn't notice Levi is now in front of me grinning from ear to ear. He clasped my shoulder.

"Looks like you got jealous for nothing,"
He chuckled before he walked past me. I scoffed and looked at his back.

"Me?" I laughed. "I never-"

"Napaghahalataan ka na," Luca said and winked before he ran after his twin.

"I told you it's not like that-" but they're too far away to hear what I said.
Inis kong sinuklay ang buhok ko.

I never got jealous. I was just pissed earlier for leaving me out like that. It was supposed to be just the two of us but it ended up-

Someone cleared his throat. I gulped and faced him sitting there, arms crossed, phone on one hand, one brow raised.

I don't know what to say suddenly.

He licked his lips and opened his turned on his phone.

"Someone apparently used my account to buy loads of ice creams," his eyes darted on me. I bit my lip.

He continued to scroll on the phone.

"Exene-"

He stood up from his chair and walked towards me. I know that I was really mad earlier but it wasn't right to spend his money. Napapikit ako ng mariin.

"I'm sorry-"

"Let's look good for the camera," he muttered and before I could ask him what he meant, his lips landed on mine. It was too sudden. It was just a peck. He held my hand and pulled me close. I still couldn't utter a word.

"What on earth was that-"

"Careful now, wife. There are cameras around. Our wedding wasn't made public but damn, these paparazzis are a pain in the ass."

Napakunot ang noo ko. I was about to turn and look for the cameras he was talking about when he held my chin.

"Now eyes on me, love,"

"Stop acting like a creep Exene,"

He laughed and flicked my forehead. "I still haven't forgotten about what you did to my account. That will surely be deducted from your salary."

I groaned.

I looked at our intertwined hands.

"Do we really have to hold hands?"

He shrugged. "Do you prefer we kiss instead?"

I gave him a dirty look, he chuckled.

"We are in the middle of our date. Let's give them some good photos."

He looked at our hands.

"Pasmado ka ba?"

I blinked. "Excuse me?"