7- Plans

Her POV

I close my sketchbook as he comes and sits next to me.

And I realise

We're wearing matching outfits. From the colour of our sweatshirts to the colour of our sneakers.
I shouldn't have put my black coat for wash.
Aish why do I only have two coats!?
Nice. Real nice.

Trying really hard not to think about that, I face him and start
"So, we had narrowed it down to two places, a bookstore or a museum. I found this really cool bookstore that looks like it was from the 1900s. And I'm leaning towards that. What do you think?"

Taking a sip of his coffee he says "Yeah that sounds great! How far is it?"

"15 minutes on the bike. Plus there's an ice cream place nearby, so it's a win win!" I grin

"There's no discussing this then! We're definitely going there!" he chuckled.

"Then it's settled!"

"Oh, I forgot to ask, how long are you staying here?"

"I planned a trip for a month. When was I going back again? Was it July 30th? I think it is... I need to check... Such a scatterbrain sometimes..." I said as I pulled up my tickets and notes, "Not a lot planned though since most of my time has been allocated to getting lost in the city..." I air quote.

WAIT. Too much information. Too much information

"... What about you? How long before you have to get back"
I notice him hesitating before continuing

"Well I have a break of about 2 months before I need to start working on the next album. And my tickets are booked for the 30th of July too. But...you never know.." he winked

Eh?

"What do you have planned?"

"I had nothing planned to be honest. Wanted to see the Northern lights but Yoongi hyung said that-"

"-You can only see them from August to April and you're here smack middle of July- oh wait I'm sorry. This is something I do." I feel my cheeks heat up furiously as I look at my cappuccino cup with renewed interest, ignoring the amused look he was giving me.

"Wow! Daebak! That's exactly what he said! Word for word! Ha! It's like you were there that day!"

I let out a nervous chuckle

"Well I wanted to see them too, but this break was all my schedule allowed before the internship ended in a couple of months. So I took the chance."

"So.. Ayanna... Tell me more about what you do. I mean... I'm pretty sure you know a lot about me. And I think I'm kind of in the dark here when it comes to you. That's not really fair is it?"

" Well... I like being a mystery to people. It's one of my more endearing qualities!" I say with a grin

"Ahh no but seriously. What's it like? Being an architecture intern? I've heard it's hectic. A lot of work. And the course too right?"

"Yup. Hectic is the word. Every waking moment it's about this building, that window, a concept for this building, more windows in that.. sometimes it's fun, most of the time it's not to be honest but eh I live with it. Probably gonna change majors soon but I don't really know what to do. Came here hoping I'll get some clarity and I'm still searching." I finish with a sigh, drawing circles on my coffee mug with my fingers.

"It's not fun? Why'd you do it then? How did you end up choosing it?"

"I- I don't know... I.."

Why do I feel that knot in my throat again? Why do I feel my eyes welling up. What the fuck. Not now. I don't need this right now!

I quickly wipe my eyes on my sleeves and look at the street. Hoping and praying he didn't notice.

But he did notice. Evident by the hand he placed over mine on the table.

"Sometimes you don't have to know everything..." he whispers.

We both drink in a comfortable silence, staring at the empty street till we're done.

"Shall we get going?" he asks after a while

"Yup!" I flash him a grin, showing him that I'm fine.

He returns it in kind.

We get on our bikes and start.

The cool wind clears my mind.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Please vote and comment! It really makes my day when I see people reading and interacting with the book! I love each comment and insight y'all give

-M