Chapter 9: Getting Close To You

"Yamaguchi! You keep messing up! Focus on the ball!" Ukai yelled at Yamaguchi. They're currently practicing how to receive the ball properly and you're keeping track of their scores.

"One more time!" Yamaguchi shouted back and this time, he received the ball properly.

"Five balls has been received, next!" You announced as you wipe the sweat on your forehead.

Everyone's eyes are clear today. They're really focused on practicing and they're really motivated because of what you said last time.

"I want to stay with everyone! You're all wonderful and I want to be with all of you until the end. I want to see you soar. I want to be with you when you fly!" You remembered your speech after explaining the truth.

They promised to help and protect you, but Tsukishima had to make the decision since he's the logical one. But honestly, now that you think about it, you felt ridiculous for being stalked.

You know that you shouldn't feel this way, but you felt bad that you've somehow involved more people in your own problem.

You stopped overthinking when you felt a hand on your shoulder. Shimizu was smiling at you kindly and somehow, all the bad feelings went away.

You have been graced by a goddess.

"We're here for you, Y/N-chan," said Shimizu. You stared at her and your eyes started getting teary.

"A-Ah! Don't cry!" She panicked.

"I-I'm not crying! My eyes are just sweating!" You wiped your tears away.

"Sweat?"

"Yes you are, Crybaby," a certain salty giant said as he passed by you.

"You're crying again? You're such a crybaby." You suddenly froze when you felt deja vu. It's like someone had already called you "crybaby" many times, but you don't remember when.

"Y/N-chan, you can rest now while the guys are doing road training," Shimizu's sweet voice interrupted your thoughts. And when she mentioned it, you finally felt how exhausted you are.

"Okay, Shimizu-san."

You're not that athletic and apparently, running around the court and doing errands for the boys takes a toll on your body.

You approached Tsukishima who was changing his shoes to run outside.

"Kei, do you want a strawberry milk when you get back?" You asked normally, not noticing that you got Nishinoya, Tanaka, Kageyama, and Hinata's attention. It's now obvious in their faces that they're really jealous.

"I wish a girl would call me by my first name too!" Nishinoya exclaimed and Tanaka agreed.

"Yes, please." Tsukishima replied and you smiled brightly at him. Then you turned to the boys.

"Does anyone want something too?"

"Milk, please," Kageyama said with a slight blush on his face.

"I want orange juice!" Hinata answered enthusiastically and you got all of their requests eventually. Though some of them refused and said water is all they need.

You brought a plastic bag before heading to the vending machine and getting what they want. You were humming cheerfully when you decided to get two strawberry milk because Tsukishima might want more.

When you got back to the gym, Takeda and Ukai were planning different patterns on the whiteboard. Shimizu was sitting on the floor and leaning against the wall while writing something on her notebook.

You placed the drinks by the bag of each player and gave the adults what they wanted before sitting beside the goddess. Noticing that Shimizu's really focused on what she's writing, you didn't talk to her. You just put the drink that she wanted beside her quietly.

You opened your bag and took out your earphone along with your cellphone before placing a towel on your lap. Scrolling through your playlist, you clicked the one named "Euphoria". It's your playlist for your favorite songs.

You took a deep breath before leaning your head against the wall and shutting your eyes. This is how you relax yourself most of the time. Music makes you feel free and light.

The plan was to relax until the guys are back, not falling asleep. But this wasn't unexpected since you couldn't sleep well last night.

"Are? Y/N-chan, is she sleeping?" Hinata asked when they got back. Those who were curious approached you and blushed when they got close. You looked so peaceful and still beautiful even when you're sleeping.

"She's so cute!" Tanaka hugged himself.

"Of course she is!" Nishinoya mused.

Thank God you had your earphone on.

"Oi, you guys! You can take your break now! Sensei and I will be back!" Ukai announced before leaving with Takeda.

"Hey! You're going to wake her up!" Sugawara scolded as he dragged the children away from you. Yamaguchi snickered at them while Tsukishima sat beside you casually and smirked at your senpais when he put your head on his shoulder.

Nishinoya and Tanaka was irked at his irritating smirk while Hinata and Kageyama was blushing. They couldn't believe that Tsukishima had the balls to make a move on you.

Daichi warned them that if you woke up because of their noises, they're dead. So Nishinoya and Tanaka averted their attention to Shimizu who was peacefully eating her lunch.

When no one was paying attention to the both of you anymore, Tsukishima took your right earphone and put it in his right ear. He had finished drinking one of the strawberry milk and now wanted to take a rest. Tsukishima placed a towel on his lap too and leaned his head against your head, and soon fell asleep.

"Must be nice to have a girlfriend," Narita commented as he watched the sleeping couple.

"I agree," said Kinoshita.

"They look good together." Ennoshita said while smiling and they started a new topic.

+++++
Note: This is just a filler, but I tried to make it adorable and not cringy.

UNEDITED