Chapter 8

Sakusa and (Y/N) decided to take a break the next day, that means (Y/N) would stay home the whole day.

The reason? well,

"It's okay if you don't follow the bet that we had. I won't get mad."

"A loss is a loss, Omi-kun. I will stay and clean the house." She huffs and snaps her fingers to change her clothes.

"O-Okay. Just don't cause trouble at home and if you get hungry there are still onigiris left in the fridge." Sakusa was being nice to her which (Y/N) finds it as good weird.

Before they would usually tease each other until they would fight and the house would be chaotic of them mostly shouting, now he is being nice that when (Y/N) teases him he would just pat her head and change the topic or whatsoever he thinks.

Moreover, they still settle things in a bet, like how (Y/N) lost last night because of Slapjacks.

That means she will have to clean his house again and do his laundry.

Her hand was extremely red and painful, but Sakusa really tried his best to hold back. However, we all know that habits don't die easily.

A ghost can feel pain when you play slapjacks with your soulmate.

"Remind me not to play Slapjacks with you. You are terribly rough, Omi-kun~" She whines and points to her bandaged hand, making him apologize again.

"It's alright. Playing cards with you is fun because I get to see you smile." She grins at Sakusa, making him flustered that (Y/N) always finds it cute.

"Anyway, you better get on your way to school. Your coach said he has an important announcement before classes start right?" Sakusa almost forgot about it because of (Y/N). Seriously, he thinks that she's driving his mind crazy. (Y/N) snaps her fingers and a cold wind flies over to Sakusa with his bag and a simple lunch that (Y/N) packed for him, technically her own recipe of onigiris that she used to make back when she was alive.

"Be careful going to school and also in your practice. You did say that the Spring High Preliminaries are just around the corner, so don't injure yourself, okay?" She gave Sakusa a hug, which made him feel crazy inside once more.

"You sure you won't be lonely?" He asked, part of him wished that (Y/N) would join him. He should have made himself lost in Slapjacks, but Sakusa doesn't like losing as well.

"Yeah, I won't. Thanks for lending me your laptop, Omi-kun." She pulls away from the hug and waves him goodbye for school.

Sakusa stood for a while behind the door, a sigh escaped his lips. He really likes it when she does things for him, especially when she hugs him or rides on him even if he never admits it.

He smiled at that thought, motivating him to have a productive day.

~ ~ ~

The past few days have also been weird for Sakusa. It's not about her soulmate who is a tease and stubborn, but it's about Komori's classmate.

"Sakusa-kun, let's walk together!" A feminine voice was heard. Sakusa lets out an irritating sigh and walks ahead of this girl, Yuna. She's been acting weird to him recently and he finds it really annoying. (Y/N) can be clingy sometimes, but she is a ghost. Therefore, no germs involved. He doesn't find that annoying. Even if (Y/N) turned back to human he wouldn't still mind the person he likes to be like that.

"Sakusa, the coach has an announcement later. Don't be late! Huh? Yuna-chan?" His bestfriend calls, also having a confused look on why Yuna is with Sakusa.

This has been happening for days, and when (Y/N) happens to be with Sakusa going to school, she would disappear and leave a note that she would be waiting for him on the balcony of the school. He finds it annoying because he would rather spend time and talk with (Y/N).