11

I keep coming back
to that moment,
where it all fell apart.

--

"We are here." Chimdi said as the driver glided the car to the agency's parking lot.

She held her breath as she stepped out of the car, perspiration gathering on her palm. Memories made at A&A agency weren't the best ones.

She let out a breath before walking towards the captivating complex, where she'd been groomed to make money with just a flip of hair and a killer pose, since she turned twelve.

The driver had long carried their luggage inside.

She turned just in time to catch TJ's eyes glued to the building, mouth agape in awe.

TJ took in the beauty of a building staring at him, thinking that the architectural design was very intricate and way out of this world. He stared at the white complex with pink highlights and different species of flowers, giving it a homely look. The building towered over neighbouring ones and same time, stood out. He was marveled when his eyes caught the agency's logo, a bold A&A sign, written in pink italics with an outline of a feminine face.

A&A? The name sounded familiar to him, except he had a vague recollection of where he heard it. He shook it off when he felt someone tap him on his shoulder.

"If you are done drooling, can we go inside already?" Chimdi said impatiently, leading him inside the building.

"Damn this is cool." TJ whispered when he saw the interior part of the building. If the exterior part was beautiful, the interior left him speechless.

His eyes followed the glowing A&A logo, just at the top of the receptionist's space. Pink cushions with ankara throw pillows, to give the space an aesthetic look. A round glass table at the center housed a miniature A&A logo.

At the right was a book cabinet which housed several magazines and picture books.

The walls were painted different colours and the floor was of white marble tile, mirroring ones reflexion as they walked.

There were several live sized pictures of different girls, with their differing shades of skin color, but the pictures to grab TJ's attention were that of Chimdi's.

A live sized picture of her lying down and draped in white fluffy material, her face bare of makeup, as she stared at whoever the photographer was.

She looked harmless, serene and angelic at the same time. He sighted another, just a portrait shot. Her long creamy fingers holding a nude coloured Lipstick. Another of her with other girls, portrait too, each smiling at the camera and he knew he'd never seen such pure beauty before.

His eyes followed the remaining pictures and another grabbed his attention. She was wrapped in a traditional material and several intricately carved beads, a simple but colourful make up on her face as she stared at the camera. The picture didn't sit well with him because, though her features were neutral, her eyes looked so sad.

He shrugged it off and continued his survey of the beautiful pictures before him, while Chimdi continued to talk to the receptionist.

"My goddaughter has arrived and you didn't inform me Ireti?" TJ's survey was interrupted by a deep husky, feminine voice.

He turned to put a face to the voice and came face to face with a fair beautiful, thick woman, whose attire alone put the pictures surrounding him to shame.

He watched as the woman, all smile went to bring Chimdi in for a hug but got confused as Chimdi stepped back, making the woman hug the air instead. She covered up with a laugh.