• Wither to Blossom •

Chapter twenty-three: Wither to Blossom

Jungkook stared at the dark sky, his eyes never leaving the visible stars surrounding the beautiful moon

Jungkook stared at the dark sky, his eyes never leaving the visible stars surrounding the beautiful moon. Such a beautiful scenery to witness.

He was at the palace's garden, his attendants standing far from him as the young King wishes to be left alone.

Things are getting more out of his hands. And more lives are being on stake.

The young King have no other choice but to draw another risky card.

"In this vast sky," He whispered. "There should only be one moon."

But is he ready to let go of that other moon?

His gaze lowered to the ground, to the flowers surrounding him.

"In order to protect her," A sigh left his lips. He was tired. So tired. "I must let go of her." 

"Such beautiful flowers, do you think Hwa Young will like them?" Asked the young Prince Jungkook, as he and Hyun Ae took a stroll around the garden on that one afternoon.

The two have been seen with one another most of the time. More time than Hyun Ae even spend now with the Crown Prince.

For some that see the two, they think it's sweet. For Hyun Ae, it is. But for the second Prince, she was just a friend helping her get his 'first love'.

"No." Hyun Ae answered, earning the attention of Prince Jungkook. "She won't like them. Hwa Young don't like flowers, she hates the smell of dirt."

Hyun Ae lied.

Hwa Young loves flowers. The girl loves the smell of earthly things.
But Hyun Ae dont want the Prince to know that. She dont want him to know what Hwa Young likes or what Hwa Young dont like, because if he will, then they will only get more closer to one another. And little Hyun Ae wont be able to handle that.

She's starting to be aware of her growing feelings for the second Prince, making her question wether she should just break her promise to the Crown Prince, and just let the other girls get the title of Crown Princess.

Because at that moment, for Hyun Ae, Prince Jungkook was enough for her.

Jungkook smiled at the memory. 

"You really are a cunning fox." He whispered, plucking one flower from its soil. "Lying for your advantage." He swirl the flower around his fingers, the small smile not leaving his lips. "A woman that will do everything for herself and for her people." For Jungkook, that's what the Queen was.