Chapter 60

Pip didn't want to ask for a bathroom to change into the clothes the Beta wolf had given him. Pip was so cold and tired; he simply turned his back to Krey and pulled off his damp jumper. His top underneath was wet too and making him even colder.

Pip stripped to his underwear, glad to have his wet shoes and socks off, and his soggy jeans. His feet were like blocks of ice.

As he fumbled with the shorts, he felt Krey's eyes on him. Instead of being embarrassed and wanting to shy away, Pip liked that Krey was watching him. Pip started to crave Krey's attention. "I-I bet these clothes will smell l-like other werewolves." Pip chuckled nervously, chattering his teeth. "Is that weird for you?"

"Yes."

Pip paused. Krey was right behind him because he felt his breath against his ear. When he turned his head, Krey's lips brushed his cheek. Krey gazed over Pip's shoulder and to his chest. Pip didn't feel self-conscious like usual; he felt no judgement from Krey.

"I'd prefer it if you didn't wear those and let me warm you instead." Krey's voice was deeper, vibrating through Pip.

Pip stood in his black boxers. The chilled air crawled up his skin. Krey lifted hands to Pip's waist, touching him with hot palms.

Pip craved more warmth immediately. He turned, leaving the shorts and t-shirt on the floor. Krey's eyes trailed him up and down. His pupils dilated.

Krey then took off his black blazer and his black t-shirt underneath. He slipped the t-shirt over Pip's head, and it rested half-way down Pip's thigh. "There," he said, tugging on the material, pleased that Pip was coated in his scent. "That's better." Krey pulled him to the small single bed and folded back the duvet.

Pip was under the duvet in seconds, desperate to stop shivering. Krey sat next to him and pulled Pip into his bare chest. Pip settled with his body pressed to Krey and the duvet up to his chin. They had to lie close for them both to fit on the single bed.

Their eyes were level and they stared at each other with pounding hearts.

"Do you feel different after hugging my wolf?" Krey asked with his hand on the curve of Pip's lower back.

Pip nodded, trying not to fret over the fact that Krey had given him his t-shirt, which was much too big for him, and was warming Pip up by holding him close. "I feel..." Pip blushed, "m-more connected to you. I don't really know how to explain. Um, well, when I stopped hugging your wolf, I didn't feel scared of you. I was still scared of Victoria's wolf, but with you, I just suddenly knew that I could trust you."

Krey wasn't even sure that his mother trusted him. A mate was what Krey needed to fall back in touch with the human side of himself. "What about here, now. Does anything feel different?"

"It feels, um, normal to be this close to you. I'm not as nervous about it. Also, I think I understand your emotions a little more. This is tricky to explain, but I-I think when I look at you, I can almost feel what you're feeling." Pip shook his head. "That sounds stupid."

"I understand completely." Krey's brown eyes were melting. "I've felt that way since I saw you in the library." He ran a hand through Pip's hair, slowly letting his guard down. "From when I first had the dream about you, just thinking about you makes me breathless." Krey tried his best to block out the first time they really met, when Pip was in the cellar, scared out of his mind.

Pip looked around Krey's relaxed face, cherishing the rare sight of Krey exposing emotion. He opened his mouth but couldn't find his words for a while. Pip wondered how open he should be, but the way Krey looked at him made Pip feel like he could tell him anything. "A-After my parents died, and I lived with my aunt and uncle, I forgot what it was like to- to know that someone cared. I think I accepted that I'd be on my own for a lot of my life. I never imagined that this would happen. I don't think any human would." Pip fidgeted with the duvet. "It's strange to say this in this current situation, b-but I'm really glad we met. I'm really thankful for you."