F O U R T E E N

Seth Salvatore

" Someone followed us here. " I groaned running a hand through my hair.

" What? Who? " Alana asked with wide eyes.

" Calm down. I will get us out of here. " I said assuring her.

She nodded without saying a word.

I glanced at her for a few seconds feeling pride and respects rushing through my system. She was not scared at all and was ready for anything awaiting us.

" Grab the guns from the backseat. Shoot when I tell you to, alright? " I said starting the car.

Alana nodded before turning around to grab the guns as I told her to. I took my own gun from my waist band gripping it in one hand and the wheel in one hand.

I clenched my jaw glancing the at car behind us in the rear mirror. Fucking bastards. I made to personally killed whoever behind was behind this.

" Do you think driving a car in this speed with one hand is safe? " Alana asked loading her guns.

" Trust me, I have done this before. This is not the first time I'm in situation like this. " I said my eyes focusing on the road ahead of us.

We were getting further and further out of the city and those motherfuckers were still following us. There were only two cars on the road, us and them. What a perfect place. I groaned in frustration before deciding to do the unthinkable, a move that could caused our lives. Without another hesitation I turned the car around in full speed before rolling the windows down.

" What the hell are you doing? " Alana panicked.

" Shoot. " I commanded getting ready to shoot.

Just like I thought those bastards also rolled their windows down revealing four guys in black masks holding their own guns, two in the front and two at the back. We were outnumbered.

" There's no bullet. " Alana muttered.

" Shouldn't have forced me to get rid off my gun, should you? " she rolled her eyes at me.

I cursed under my breath. You had got to be fucking kidding me. Someone definitely had got into my car and took the bullets out. I always made sure the guns were always filled with bullets every time I left the house just in case for situation like this happened.

I kept firing back them while driving with one hand. I had always been confident in a battle but this time we were definitely doomed. It was four guns against one.

I sped the car with my jaw clenched in anger hoping an idea that could help us survive would came into my brain. There was a bridge not far ahead, just close enough before the bullets in my own gun ran out.

I glanced at my horrid wife with a blank face trying not to scare her even more. I knew she was trying to stay calm.

" Do you trust me? " I asked as we were closer to the bridge.

" Yes. " she said trying to study face figuring out what was my next move.

" I want you to get out and jump off the bridge. "

" Together? " she asked.

" No. "

" What about you? I'm not leaving you to die aloneZ " she snapped.

" You jump. I will crash the car into the water after you. We will meet again in no time. " I stated.

Crashing the car with both of us inside was easier but I didn't want her to run out of breath while trying to get out, I knew it was tricky getting out of a car in the water and who knew what could have been put into this car. It might explode while sinking.

" Alana jump now. " I barked as we reached the bridge.

And, she did, faster than I thought she would.

I then sped off to end of the bridge making sure she was on the other side before crashing myself into the water. As soon as, the car hit the water I harshly kicked the door open getting myself out. Gunshots were still echoed in the air as those bastards kept shooting randomly into the water.

I swam up to the surface peaking out of the water a little bit to find where Alana was. A blond head caught my attention, she was trying to get to the ground under the bridge with bloody thigh. What the hell happened. I mentally cursed before swimming toward her hoping I couldn't be seen.

" What happened to you? " I asked trying to catch my breath as I reached her.

" They throw a knife at me. " she panted.

I tore a part of my shirt off and tied it around her thigh trying to stop the bleeding.

" Let's get out of here first. " I said pulling her into the forest on our left.

" Can you walk? " I asked.

" I just swam out of the damn river and crawl up to the ground, of course I can walk. " she smirked.

This bloody woman.

I gave her a stern look before turning my back toward her. " Get on. "

" I would never say no to piggyback ride. " she giggled like she hadn't just get out of death.

I shook my head before steadied my hands under her legs to support her weight while she throw her arms around my neck.

" Where are we going? " she asked looking around as I walked into the now dark forest.

" I don't know. We can go look around for a place to sleep and get the hell out of here tomorrow. "

" They must be still looking for us. " she mumbled under her breath as another gunshot echoed in the air.

" You know that I would never let you die, right? " I asked. She nodded.

" So, if they somehow found us, I want you to run. Are we clear? " I said.

" What about you? " she asked breathing her hot breath close to my neck.

I felt shiver running down my spines every time she breathed. How could little things she did affect me this much.

" Don't worry about me. " I said.

" No. I'm not leaving you. "

Stubborn as hell.

" Alana just listen to me for once, please. I need to make sure you're safe. You before me. " I stated.

" The safest place for me right now would be next to you. " she said placing her face at the nape of my neck.

Damn woman.

" I will not leave you. If we're going down, we're going down together. "

" For better and for worse, remember? " she asked causing me to stop frozen in my track.

She took the vows seriously while I had no intention to keep those vows at all.

For the first time ever, I felt guilty and the needs to make it up to her.

" Right, we're a team. " I finally said after a few seconds and continued walking.