Chapter 80: There Was No Doubt

Akari, though he didn't look it, was very good with poisons. After all, they were the easiest way to dispose of someone not wanted anymore. He even kept a small garden of seemingly harmless plants that he could use to turn into fast-acting poisons. So when he saw Yamato choking on the floor and having strange symptoms, he quickly figured out the issue. However, he was abruptly stopped by Shota who ran his hand through his hair as he let out a heavy sigh.

"I did tell you if (Y/n) came back with so much as a scratch, you should watch what you eat," the redhead said, crossing one of his legs over the other, "I warned you it wasn't safe there."

"Are you talking about Vital?!" Yusei said, shaking the older male violently, "We didn't know Sora would be there, so just chill already! Help Kage!"

Shota gave a disgusted look at the ravenette and pushed him off of himself, brushing off where he'd been touched as if it were now diseased. Then he looked to one of the doors by the stairs and narrowed his eyes. Akari sat down, crossing his legs as if he were in kindergarten, looking up at the boy with somewhat of an agreeing viewpoint. Thus, he waited until hearing what the male had to say before acting to help Yamato who was still struggling to breathe.

"She came back with a cut either way," Shota sighed, "And I was told it was from a bullet, no less. You can enjoy the feeling of the botulinum toxin for a while. Only after will I grant you with the antitoxin."

"Oh, that's not very nice," Haru said, stating it as matter-of-fact, "But if I had to be punished, so should he, right?"

"You're all insane," (Y/n) said, gritting her teeth, "Give him the antidote. It was my fault in the first place for not controlling my temper."

Shota gave a surprised look at the female, only to frown at her reasoning. He ignored her comment, not bothering to reply to it though he took it to heart, remembering her words. Well, a select few of them. He straightened his clothes and began to walk to the door he'd been eyeing for a bit. Stopping in front of it, he hesitantly input a pin to the door and walked inside of it, closing the door behind him.

Takuya frowned at all the unwelcome noise during dinner and turned his attention to (Y/n) who seemed enraged by Shota ignoring her request. She let out a little growl and stomped over to the door he'd hidden behind, pounding on it angrily. There was a shout from inside, telling the girl to go away, but she refused to let him have his way. Perhaps she wasn't happy with the way that Yamato had treated her when she acted recklessly, but that didn't mean she wanted him to have to suffer.

She continued to bang on the door with her fists and, eventually, she got her way, an irritated redhead opening the door to scowl at her. Her enraged expression soon turned to shock when she noticed the blood covering the floor and she pushed the male aside to see what he had done. However, he quickly placed his hand over the girl's eyes in desperation, trying to fight with her to get out of the room.

"Shota!" (Y/n) shouted, making him lose focus by his name being uttered by the girl's voice, "What did you do?!"

"It's none of your concern," the boy sneered, refusing to show her what had occurred in the room, "Leave."

The male lost his grip on the girl and she ended up slipping away from him further into the room to see an older man bleeding profusely. He had a look of disappointment in himself and it almost looked like he accepted what was happening to him. The man had orange hair and sapphire eyes, the same man that Akari and Rei had tortured and the same man that had attacked Narahashi's father.

Shota gritted his teeth, seeing the girl standing there. He had never wanted her to see nor did he believe it would have any positive effect on her if she did. The redhead grabbed onto her wrist, pulling her out of the room and slamming the door shut behind them. Then he looked down on her with a menacing and threatening expression that he expected would make her cower in fear. However, he was surprised to see she wasn't giving into fear and was instead glaring back at him.