PART 78: | NO REST FOR THE WICKED |

MIKAELSON'S COMPOUND

Klaus walked into the courtyard and saw a coffin. He stopped walking for a brief moment and narrowed his eyes, thinking of what is that coffin doing in the middle of his house. He stepped closer to the coffin and then quickly opened it, seeing someone's ashes in it and when he picked up a picture that was placed beside he saw whose ashes were in the coffin. It was Natali on the picture, her body was desiccated with a stake in her heart.

When Klaus sensed that Kol was about to walk into the courtyard, he quickly threw the picture back in the coffin and closed it.

- "Nik, did you saw Natali somewhere?" Kol questioned, looking at his phone, "She didn't come home since she left to see Renee."

Klaus remained silent. He was just glaring at Kol not knowing if he should say something or not.. Until Kol didn't look up at him and saw a coffin beside him.

- "What is this?" Kol questioned, narrowing his eyes in confusion.

- "Nothing." Klaus told him quickly and uncertain.

- "Did you opened it?" Kol asked, while he was waiting for Klaus to answer he delayed Natali's number and called her.

When suddenly her phone could be heard echoing all around them. Kol looked down at the coffin realizing that the sound was coming from inside of it. He clenched his jaw and took an angry step towards the coffin. Klaus tried to stop him, but Kol pushed him away and opened a coffin.

He swallowed a lump in his throat as he picked up a picture.

- "What the bloody hell is this?!" Kol shouted, so loud that the half of the French Quarter could hear him, "This can't be true." he yelled, his voice trembling with anger, as he showed the picture to his brother.

Kol was getting angrier by every second, he speeded towards the coffee table that was near them and flipped it over. A glass shattered all over the courtyard.

- When Freya heard that something was going on she stormed into the courtyard, "What's going on?"

- "You need to bring her back." Kol says as he looks at his sister.

- Freya was confused, "Bring who back?"

- "Natali." Klaus told her because Kol wasn't able to say her name, "Rene killed Natali."

Freya couldn't believe what she was hearing, she picked up a picture that was on the floor next to the coffin and saw Natali with a stake in her heart.

- She looks at Klaus and shakes her head, then says quietly, "I can't bring her back."

- "How do you mean you can't?" Kol yells at her.

- "Kol, I'm sorry but there is no other side anymore and we don't have her body." Freya tells him nicely because she didn't want to upset him even more, but that didn't work.

Kol's eyes grew supernaturally bloodshot as his fangs protruded from his gums. He roars in wordless rage and lunges at her, but before he can make contact Klaus speeds between Kol and Freya. He stood defensively, though he made no move to strike at Kol.

- "Kol, control yourself. You are angry and hurting." Klaus tells him, he knew how ruthless his brother could be, especially when given cause.

But Kol only drew back his fist and propelled it into Klaus' nose, sending the older vampire flying across the room and crashing to the floor. Klaus recovered quickly, pulling himself back up as Freya stood in front of Kol. That was the first time she saw him that angry and she could say it made her afraid. She didn't think before using her magic to quickly snap his neck, that was the only way to calm him down.